• 13 Vote(s) - 3.38 Average
Highlander S3 Invite Happenings/Discussion
I just came VERY close to quitting tf2 for good

literally three seconds away from uninstalling and just playing fallout the rest of the summer
It matters not how strait the gate, 
How charged with punishments the scroll, 
I am the master of my fate, 
I am the captain of my soul. 
(06-11-2019, 06:04 AM)seven Wrote: I just came VERY close to quitting tf2 for good

literally three seconds away from uninstalling and just playing fallout the rest of the summer

Go for it gaem sux
i would like to nominate b4nny on heavy for invite debut of the season
(06-11-2019, 02:23 AM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Excited for who will win the Invite Debut award. Lots of promising new players to Invite.

me
(06-11-2019, 02:23 AM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Excited for who will win the Invite Debut award. Lots of promising new players to Invite.
I nominate Flare for his excellent maincalling and keeping his team together in Invite.
KANE
(06-11-2019, 01:56 AM)proton Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 01:09 AM)SpotlightR Wrote:
(06-10-2019, 11:09 PM)proton Wrote: I had perfect predictions but then spu lost a half to SPANISH_INQUISITION

Flare is legit so good okay

yeah true kinda funny tho i can think of someone on that team who the word "legit" does not apply to......

LMAO
inb4 Michaelpc1 gets cleared for the umpteenth time but people don't drop it
(06-11-2019, 02:36 PM)Flare Wrote: inb4 Michaelpc1 gets cleared for the umpteenth time but people don't drop it

I do not care what any anti-cheat team says. That man cheats and nobody can change my mind.
(06-11-2019, 04:27 PM)SpotlightR Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 02:36 PM)Flare Wrote: inb4 Michaelpc1 gets cleared for the umpteenth time but people don't drop it

I do not care what any anti-cheat team says. That man cheats and nobody can change my mind.

Give us actual evidence instead of throwing shade on him.
KANE
Michaelpc1
inconsistency on a hitscan class is wack
DEAD autumn :  why are you a butt ugly indian kid

ngl there was nothing michaelpc1 does that seems fishy per se. the thing that sorta seems weird to me is that when I've gone through his logs he seems to alternate between playing badly and then keeping up with top invite snipers. like maybe he's just really inconsistent, I really don't know.
It's almost like Snipers have good games and bad games
(06-11-2019, 06:01 PM)Flare Wrote: It's almost like Snipers have good games and bad games
yeah, but that's not what I'm asserting.

I'm saying he seems inconsistent to a bizarre degree. Obviously everyone has good and bad games but if you're struggling against manifestly terrible snipers one day and owning high invite ones the next, that represents a level of inconsistency well outside the "normal" range. That appears to be a trend of his.

Again, I am not saying he cheats. I have no idea and I won't say he does until there's hard evidence for it. He might just be unusually inconsistent because natural outliers can obviously exist. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't seem strange.
(06-11-2019, 06:11 PM)seven Wrote: yeah, but that's not what I'm asserting.

I'm saying he seems inconsistent to a bizarre degree. Obviously everyone has good and bad games but if you're struggling against manifestly terrible snipers one day and owning high invite ones the next, that represents a level of inconsistency well outside the "normal" range. That appears to be a trend of his.

Again, I am not saying he cheats. I have no idea and I won't say he does until there's hard evidence for it. He might just be unusually inconsistent because natural outliers can obviously exist. But I'd be lying if I said it didn't seem strange.

I understood your point, my point is more so that the same way the inconsistency is bizarre and outside of a "normal" range, inconsistency itself is a bizarre reason to suspect someone of cheating, especially in a game where everyone has their ups and downs. Outside of that, the most credible reasons I've been given to suspect him have to do with the "odd" angles he watches and generally unexpected picks he tends to get. However, after looking over his gameplay myself and playing with him on a regular basis, and seeing him actively search for new sightlines on maps other people would consider solved, I've realized it's quite simply due to the fact that Michael actually puts in time and dedication to improving and listens to comms and feedback.

Since then I've noticed many, many instances in scrims and matches where people express incredulity at a kill he's gotten and imply walls or something similar, and I just scoff knowing it was because my Spy called it not three seconds prior. The fact of the matter is, after years of accusations and countless anti-cheat teams putting him under a microscope, I find this stubborn indignation at people not seeing the light to be tantamount to McCarthyism. When investigation after investigation turns up nothing and people refuse to consider that perhaps they were wrong, how is that not dogmatic and fearmongering?

Michael has earned my trust and respect, and for that I am willing to stake my own reputation alongside his and defend him from this complete nonsense. So if all of you persist in accusing him of cheating without any evidence, I'd request that you at least keep those mutterings under your own breath, instead of poisoning the atmosphere with that babble.
flare types like a thesaurus
(06-11-2019, 06:36 PM)Flare Wrote:
(06-11-2019, 06:11 PM)seven Wrote: yeah, but that's not what I'm asserting.

I understood your point, my point is more so that the same way the inconsistency is bizarre and outside of a "normal" range, inconsistency itself is a bizarre reason to suspect someone of cheating, especially in a game where everyone has their ups and downs. Outside of that, the most credible reasons I've been given to suspect him have to do with the "odd" angles he watches and generally unexpected picks he tends to get. However, after looking over his gameplay myself and playing with him on a regular basis, and seeing him actively search for new sightlines on maps other people would consider solved, I've realized it's quite simply due to the fact that Michael actually puts in time and dedication to improving and listens to comms and feedback.

Since then I've noticed many, many instances in scrims and matches where people express incredulity at a kill he's gotten and imply walls or something similar, and I just scoff knowing it was because my Spy called it not three seconds prior. The fact of the matter is, after years of accusations and countless anti-cheat teams putting him under a microscope, I find this stubborn indignation at people not seeing the light to be tantamount to McCarthyism. When investigation after investigation turns up nothing and people refuse to consider that perhaps they were wrong, how is that not dogmatic and fearmongering?

Michael has earned my trust and respect, and for that I am willing to stake my own reputation alongside his and defend him from this complete nonsense. So if all of you persist in accusing him of cheating without any evidence, I'd request that you at least keep those mutterings under your own breath, instead of poisoning the atmosphere with that babble.

FWIW I've been gone for an entire year and had absolutely no idea who Michaelpc1 was until 72 hours ago. I had no idea he'd been accused of cheating for a long period of time before this season and I didn't know AC teams had analyzed his demos before. I'll obviously have to take that into account.

I tend to not view AC team clearances as necessarily definitive only because I've been around long enough to remember when bonus! flare (I'm sorry, whenever I hear the name "flare" I immediately think of him and not you even though he's been gone for years) and Mittenduck were "cleared" by AC teams (Mittens was cleared initially before being banned and flare admitted to hacking later) in spite of the fact that they both cheated. AC teams are the best instrument we have but they're not infallible. On the other hand, because they are the only real tool we have short of better AC software that will never exist, I'll err on the side of "he doesn't cheat" if that is what the AC team has concluded.

As for my initial skepticism being predicated upon his inconsistency, I can only speak from personal experience here again. I would say a majority of the snipers I've seen over the years who display inconsistency well outside of the typical range tend to have been cheating in some capacity. This obviously does not mean all, or even an overwhelming majority. But I do believe at a point inconsistency becomes a decent predictor of cheating behavior. Everybody can picture a scenario wherein a certain amount of inconsistency would begin to appear blatantly indicative of cheating. If an iron sniper alternated between banishing bo4r to the shadow realm and getting owned by other iron snipers, I think everybody could agree that player is almost certainly cheating. If a sniper alternates between going even with mid-invite snipers and sometimes shitting on top invite snipers, that's a degree of inconsistency which wouldn't raise many eyebrows (and it shouldn't).

In other words, there is a middle point between these two scenarios (blatantly cheating and almost certainly not) where the behavior is such that it could absolutely be legitimate but also merits some skepticism. Purely from looking at his logs (I haven't watched demos) Michaelpc1 seems to occupy this space. But if the AC team has cleared him multiple times as you say, that is clearly a mitigating factor. It doesn't change the fact that from perusing his logs.tf page the man has gotten outsniped by absolute nobodies on a consistent basis as recently as a month ago.

Also as Spu just mentioned, using McCarthyism to describe the current state of affairs seems like a bit of a stretch if only because unlike Dalton Trumbo, Michaelpc1's life probably won't be destroyed if he's banned from RGL for a year although I also understand the analogy was made vis a vis tactics and not consequence.
this dude usin the term McCarthyism on a video game forum bruh
michaelpc1 would get graped by literal silver players now hes putting top invite stats up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KIL7qd9vj4

michaelpc1 BEEN suspected for cheating lmfao and saying he doesnt cheat just because he plays this game more than others is really stupid and laughable.
michaelpc1 a man among boys