• 4 Vote(s) - 2.5 Average
S2 Invite Happenings/Discussion
Friendly reminder for all the shit ugc did at least they knew that a head admin leading a top team would lead to a huge conflict of interest, and lead to unfair competition for everyone playing
Me when playing on the default match date

[Image: surprise-pikachu-meme-000-original-blank.png]
competitive integrity is awesome

perhaps it'll be better when the head admins aren't playing for teams
Man it sure is nice sitting here with ADMIN PRIVILEGE having to obey the rules!
con·flict of in·ter·est
noun
a situation in which a person is in a position to derive personal benefit from actions or decisions made in their official capacity.

I’d like to say it’s no coincidence that the the two top teams this seasons are where they are, not pegging them because both teams have applied themselves a lot and have good players, but everyone in this league is sick of dimento coming up with rules/ changes the moment he feels like it. If you’re going to use a ruleset, stick to it
me when default ringer rule gets bent 2 seasons in a row because the head admins who made the rule have no fucking clue how to abide by it

funnily enough its almost fucked my team over once, and it is currently making things unnecessarily complicated for my current team
http://hl.rgl.gg/Public/Match.aspx?m=2345

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/2...image0.png

Sorry for making you click links I’m on mobile xD
i too show up to the rgl forums solely to defend my decision to gay the other team out of having half their roster
knd must gay their way to 1st place as they've constantly failed to obtain it since s15
We do not and will not have a match scheduled with you. Feel free to play that match at any point that doesn't impede grand finals on Monday. Even in those match comms, unforeseen circumstances happened and was not resolved until post match FORCING it to be rescheduled. On top of that, the match rescheduled had to be completed by SUNDAY to not impede on future matches.
thread got moved but imma post anyway.

im not a fan of rash changes in policy and band-aid fixes to problems that we can definitely spend time thinking through and discussing plausible solutions for in a civilized manner. instead all im seeing is arrogant, passive-aggressive players spewing menial shit at each other while nothing constructive is happening. and admin decisions are happening behind closed doors with no transparency with the players.

ALSO -- moving the thread just shows how petty you are. instead of addressing the problem directly you're squeezing your eyes shut, putting your fingers in your ears, and pretty much putting yet another band-aid on what could have been a papercut of a problem but instead grew into a nasty infection of a legitimate, serious dilemma.
powered by http://engineer.tf/
https://forums.highlander.tf/thread-507-...ml#pid5305

An official decision has been made here. As per rules, the point of the forums is "to create an open space where constructive conversations, feedback, and ideas can be shared." If players are unable to do this in the discussion sections, then please take it to PMs.
(03-14-2019, 11:09 PM)wax Wrote: thread got moved but imma post anyway.

im not a fan of rash changes in policy and band-aid fixes to problems that we can definitely spend time thinking through and discussing plausible solutions for in a civilized manner. instead all im seeing is arrogant, passive-aggressive players  spewing menial shit at each other while nothing constructive is happening. and admin decisions are happening behind closed doors with no transparency with the players.

ALSO -- moving the thread just shows how petty you are. instead of addressing the problem directly you're squeezing your eyes shut, putting your fingers in your ears, and pretty much putting yet another band-aid on what could have been a papercut of a problem but instead grew into a nasty infection of a legitimate, serious dilemma.

The thread was shutdown at my request, don't blame exa or any others. 

Because the drama was getting needlessly out of control, and everyone already had said what they wanted to say. And if they didn't the forum is not the only place where things happen. Even with a locked thread, nothing is stopping you from coming to me and expressing your opinion. We're not some aloof admins who you cannot get ahold of and talk with. 

Since there were many claims that bias decisions were being made among other baseless claims and things that do not spur any actual civil discourse. 

You can read more about the decision that I made, after consulting with all team leaders involved... as I do every time when making these type of decisions, in this thread: https://forums.highlander.tf/thread-507.html
(03-14-2019, 09:41 PM)RonnieJ Wrote: Yes because our players should be punished for having a job, or going on spring break with their family. I tried to work my vacation around the rgl times but it’s a family vacation and things don’t always work out. Not even attempting to accommodate other teams and then taking moral high ground is a really scummy thing to do.

You guys had SOOO much time to be ready for this, but 'haha let's wait to the last second to be mad about this!'

Don't punish literally everyone else because you guys have the worse scheduling responsbities.

Also ultimately doesn't matter you're not getting 1st lol
uinfrotunately , as bowl of mayuo wont be there, iw ill be playing demo in the match GLHF to both teams!
Nope, I will be playing demo!
you are sicko mode my man
(03-14-2019, 09:53 PM)shaayy ^ Wrote: knd must gay their way to 1st place as they've constantly failed to obtain it since s15

So what if prolander wasn't pushed back a week, would we be assholes for not pushing the match back to Thursday or something? I feel like this entire situation was sprouted because an idea was proposed then it blew out of proportion and pinned on us. Yet it's fine for the unprepared team to be accommodated so they can play at full strength in lb finals, compared to us being crippled in finals? 

On a side note after as the leader of knd for most of this season, I can't say I didn't see this coming after attempting to deal with scrimming this team weekly.
(03-15-2019, 01:24 AM)Nursey Wrote: Also ultimately doesn't matter you're not getting 1st lol

this isn't my argument whatsoever, but pro tip: don't sully your argument with needlessly toxic remarks, all it can do it hurt your stance further, while making you, and potentially your whole team, look bad
hh brother
why was LBF scheduled on a saturday in the first place lol

UGC did it on thursdays which was dumb but it at least gave teams a couple days to prepare between LBF and GF

also everyone who was on knd at the time is asleep rn so i can't verify but i'm pretty sure a very similar situation happened to knd in s16 where they lost in playoffs because key members were missing for a thursday lower bracket game.

I'm sure that sucked, and i definitely feel for the ronnie team because going to into a playoff game down multiple mains is obviously a shitty situation. My personal opinion is that I wouldn't have cared if grand finals got rescheduled to any later date that everyone could play on, to allow the lower bracket finals to have actual rosters. From what i've gathered talking to people, there's no date in the upcoming 4 weeks that would make that possible.
(03-15-2019, 02:40 AM)asher Wrote:
(03-15-2019, 01:24 AM)Nursey Wrote: Also ultimately doesn't matter you're not getting 1st lol

this isn't my argument whatsoever, but pro tip: don't sully your argument with needlessly toxic remarks, all it can do it hurt your stance further, while making you, and potentially your whole team, look bad

I do have to agree with this.