• 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
River: An Investigation into S3 Grand Finals
Behaving normally most of the time doesn't discredit behaving abnormally in the clips. Otherwise, I could aimlock sometimes but it's fine because I miss my shots whenever I'm not aimlocking.

When vlad was aimbotting, he didn't have 100% accuracy. Any 'good' cheater will attempt to normalize their stats/gameplay in some way. I've got confidence in the AC team's decision.

Furthermore, an EQ isn't effective in isolating the decloak sound. Look at this https://gfycat.com/cooperativeregalgosling. This is a visual representation of the frequencies the decloak hits. Clearly, it never peaks at any single frequency; the sound is almost white noise. If there was a frequency here that's absent in all other game files, or the decloak peaked at a given frequency, then an EQ could do some work. Since that's not the case, I could see an EQ as a marginal benefit in some cases, but nothing that's close to the efficacy of the spy script.

If an audio guy could debunk anything I'm saying, that'd be cool. This isn't my area of expertise.
What is an EQ?
(11-27-2019, 12:16 PM)fruitcup Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 11:54 AM)rvn Wrote: hey so i watched the flare vid, when is he getting unbanned?

i mean he admitted to using an EQ and thats against the rules so

maybe don't speak about things you don't know about
(11-27-2019, 01:01 PM)DeaftJoe Wrote: Behaving normally most of the time doesn't discredit behaving abnormally in the clips. Otherwise, I could aimlock sometimes but it's fine because I miss my shots whenever I'm not aimlocking.

When vlad was aimbotting, he didn't have 100% accuracy. Any 'good' cheater will attempt to normalize their stats/gameplay in some way. I've got confidence in the AC team's decision.

Furthermore, an EQ isn't effective in isolating the decloak sound. Look at this https://gfycat.com/cooperativeregalgosling. This is a visual representation of the frequencies the decloak hits. Clearly, it never peaks at any single frequency; the sound is almost white noise. If there was a frequency here that's absent in all other game files, or the decloak peaked at a given frequency, then an EQ could do some work. Since that's not the case, I could see an EQ as a marginal benefit in some cases, but nothing that's close to the efficacy of the spy script.

If an audio guy could debunk anything I'm saying, that'd be cool. This isn't my area of expertise.

I disagree somewhat that it's not about behaving normally most of the time; aimlock in particular is an incredibly strong example that has a unique and discernible effect on your camera movement. Strong effect on specific aspect of gameplay = a cheat that can be isolated easily from "normal" gameplay. With something like a spy script or an EQ, it's more subtle and runs continuously through the whole game, which is why I think it has to be compared to a baseline to be reasonably discerned.

Musician and audio engineer speaking, the one case in which EQ boosting would help hearing a particular element in a mix would be if most or all other sounds have a dip in the frequency range in question. Also, pedantically, the spy decloak is closer to pink noise than white.

One thing that was brought to my attention is the possibility that the AC decision has nothing to do with sound; that's beyond my area of expertise, and as strongly as I believe sound didn't play a noticeable role in River's gameplay, I'm also making a point not to step outside my field. Hell, it not being the spy script may even be the point.
(11-27-2019, 01:33 PM)Gramps! Wrote: What is an EQ?

EQ adjusts the frequencies of sound—or more precisely, of audio signals at particular frequencies, relative to other frequencies
(11-27-2019, 05:22 PM)obliv Wrote:
(11-27-2019, 01:33 PM)Gramps! Wrote: What is an EQ?

EQ adjusts the frequencies of sound—or more precisely, of audio signals at particular frequencies, relative to other frequencies

I have a great video from the 80's for this that I think you both would enjoy but is a bit slow.

https://youtu.be/TEjOdqZFvhY?t=3513
river is a good pyro, and if the implication is that he only cheated a select few matches that would imply that he has plenty of experience spychecking without assistance. i don't think there's a toggle for this sort of thing, nor would it even really make sense, so if you're implying that river heard a spy decloak a few times and remained totally stonefaced like he hadn't heard a thing, that's an IMMENSE amount of self control that does not compare to simply not hitting your button for some shots.

also, mind you, he only remained stonefaced SOMETIMES, there were some clips where he heard the spy in the equalized clip and turned around almost instantly, as you would expect from an experienced pyro. he would have to suppress that instinct (again, only sometimes) to be able to use the script and not have it be blatantly obvious.

idk i just think people are stretching super duper far to explain that he's cheating when it's so much more reasonable to just say hey maybe this guy got lucky one match.
i requested his demos from this season and i have not gotten them yet
when u request demos im pretty sure you dont get them, it only starts an investigation from the AC team (ones already going on im pretty sure)
(11-28-2019, 11:39 AM)nyxi Wrote: when u request demos im pretty sure you dont get them, it only starts an investigation from the AC team (ones already going on im pretty sure)

This is untrue, team leaders can request actual POVs be given to them, or could request them to be provided to the AC team.
seven is the best pyro of ALL TIME
I’m genuinely very disappointed because I really like river as a person but it’s so goddamn obvious lmao.

I could live for a thousand years and still never fathom the cheater mindset.
It matters not how strait the gate, 
How charged with punishments the scroll, 
I am the master of my fate, 
I am the captain of my soul. 
Lmao yeah it's so obvious bro