• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invite - Ban the Wrangler on Ashvile
The Wrangler provides way too much ability to shut down an entire push with very little effort, me thinks lots of invite players no longer want to play against wrangled mini in shutter. Shutter provides a shield on top of the wrangler DR + the fact you can fully build your gun without threat of damage or enemy awareness.

Open discussion on banning the wrangler on Ashville, or koth in general.
no

/closed
ban wrangler + mini combo at the very least. takes way too much effort to deal with.
Ban wrangler on koth
ban this cancer on every map
+Rep.
yes

please
wrangler on ashville is very annoying yes but i don't think it's worth it to ban a weapon so important to the engineer class because it's annoying in one specific situation. also it seems weird to have a conditional rule like it's only banned on one map or one mode, if a weapon is cancer enough to be banned it would be cancer anywhere imo
(01-12-2020, 11:10 PM)Dimento.knd Wrote: The Wrangler provides way too much ability to shut down an entire push with very little effort, me thinks lots of invite players no longer want to play against wrangled mini in shutter. Shutter provides a shield on top of the wrangler DR + the fact you can fully build your gun without threat of damage or enemy awareness.

Open discussion on banning the wrangler on Ashville, or koth in general.

now I want you to replace the word Wrangler with Sniper. Now imagine a sniper being hard protected by an engineer in shutter because without a wrangler, that is the most effective use of his time.
Engineer.tf

Reminder that I am just the Forums guy, and my opinions do not reflect that of the Head Admins.
gamemode specific weapons bans are a really good idea and I've been saying that wrangler banned in koth would be worth trying for a while now

wrangler still has a very good use on payload obviously, but in koth, even though engie is pretty useless and wrangler allows him to do something without dying, its still obnoxious and unfun to play against (and probably to play in general, but idk im not an engie main)

(01-13-2020, 01:48 AM)Mothership Wrote: now I want you to replace the word Wrangler with Sniper. Now imagine a sniper being hard protected by an engineer in shutter because without a wrangler, that is the most effective use of his time.
im 100% okay with this tbh, a sniper will still die in 2-3 shots, wrangled minis require like 10 people to look at it to get it to stop existing for half a second before the engie puts up another one
asher#0112
i, for one, do not welcome level 3s in shutter
please god ban the weapon for all maps i beg
(01-13-2020, 11:34 AM)Aaron Wrote: please god ban the weapon for all maps i beg

I do think it is pretty necessary to have the wrangler on stopwatch in order to keep the engineer relevant. I also don't believe the wrangler is that ridiculous on product because it only takes one person to deal with it. It's pretty much worthless for cascade and lakeside. 

The issue is how protected an engineer is in shutter from any threats, and the ability to take cover in the shutter. It also watches every area of the point and takes like 3 or 4 players to deal with.

I'm fine with it being banned on all the maps or just koth because I'm not an engineer. But I feel like this is strictly an ashville issue that elevates the utility of the wrangler.
2013 was 7 years ago.
I also assume that if this actually ever becomes a thing it won't affect me so sure go for it.
y’all ever thought of bombing on bats and just spamming the mini as a soldier?

that also kills the engi and the mini as well
(01-13-2020, 03:57 PM)obliv Wrote: y’all ever thought of bombing on bats and just spamming the mini as a soldier?

that also kills the engi and the mini as well

what happens if their soldier is sitting on bats and their scout is lingering around the map? 1v2 or 1v3

or against ur team it would be a 1v5

the best way is just to hope your sniper hardscopes the shutter
ok and
(01-13-2020, 04:17 PM)rain Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 03:57 PM)obliv Wrote: bagooga banana is still funny!

or against ur team it would be a 1v5

you mad?
ban engie
What if you update ashville
I will always be a pyro main <3
[Image: 120px-Sticky_proj_red.png]