Would you like to see this update become a reality in RGL.gg someday?
Yes, ashville needs this!
86.49%
No, this map sucks dude.
13.51%
37 vote(s)
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KotH_Ashville_rc2; Spring Refresh
Thank you for your hard work for this map Hino, I actually prefer the night ashville more.

How does underbatts and under point look?
Under Point:
[Image: HIxoBL2.jpg]
Underbatts:
[Image: rsGAce1.jpg]

Here is an example of a W.I.P of underbatts and underpoint lighting. I will probably add a light or two to underbatts, and slightly brighten the map at some spots; for example, the behind of batts is dark so ill add a spotlight to fix that.
A second-class Chinese legend who doesn't know when to give it his all.
https://www.twitch.tv/hinogc

I don't think the night lighting is bad, but I agree with scratch, idk why you even changed the lighting to begin with. I'm definitely behind optimization and clipping improvements, and general quality of life improvements, but I don't really see the point of changing the visuals in general. It doesn't really improve anything about the gameplay and it looked fine before.
i like dark mode ashville. some more lights in places would be a good idea though
[Image: neutral.jpg]
I have no strong opinions either, I prefer well lit nighttime maps to daytime. If you do go with a nighttime theme, please add in way more lamps
Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for Snapped-Back Gaming
can we change the flooring to black? The bright tannish ground with bright green patches of grass hurty my eyes and I can't see anything!!?>!
We can do that, and I have figured out a way to make spy have wrangler shield + DR refill on this map.

An experimental update has been released for koth_ashville_rc2_nb1 (new suffix yay). This update fixes some tiny bugs and adds in nighttime, which is being primarily optimized by Rorek.

Changelog for koth_ashville_rc2_nb1:
- Made the switch from red lighting to nighttime mode. Neutral lighting has now replaced the red lighting.
- Fixed a collison break where 2 hidden ammo kits in each lobby inside the walls would cause rare server crashes. This was a hidden bug for many years.
- Shuffled a few props to be correctly mirrored on each side, as some spy spots were shut off.
- More nodraw and areaportal adjustments to help turn off a few walls and floors hidden in the map.
- Minor detailing and clipping adjustments.

Nighttime lighting is intended to be experimental and I have no plans to rush making the switch to daytime unless an overwhelming majority find it to be infinitely worse. The vocal minority will not be considered unless they have actual feedback as to why nighttime is inferior, as metalworks, coalplant and cascade have seen success in competitive.

Download
Map screenshots
SOAPDM Config
DISCLAIMER: This version doesnt' require you deleting a previous version of ashville_rc2 but you may wish to do so. I am now able to change suffixes for the map unless something breaks later on.

A major update has been released for koth_ashville_rc2_nb1 (same suffix rip). This update has fixed some major issues with file-size and lighting.

Change Notes for koth_ashville_rc2_nb1 (02/20/2020):
- HDR is now fully implemented into the map, along with getting adjusted lighting to make the map bright.
- Shadow control is updated to show player shadows.
- Added a few minute details to cover the art_pass, such as tiny lights near alarms, and updated props at spawn.
- Red and Blu Spawn have updated textures, alongside underneath point.
- Added two loading screen thumbnails, as almost every map from Valve and HL/6s had this feature.
- Various lights are now non-solid due to issues with rocket-jumping.
- The map filesize has been de-bloated from 55+ MB to around 21MB using dark magic.

Download
Map screenshots
SOAPDM Config
DISCLAIMER: GO TO TF/DOWNLOAD/MAPS IF YOU DOWNLOADED A EARLIER VERSION OF NB1 AND DELETE THAT VERSION. REMOVE THE OLDER VERSION FROM YOUR CORE FTP IF YOU HOST A SERVER!