• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
koth_nobleford
Hey there!

Nobleford is an in-development KOTH map with a focus on flanking, positioning, and movement. It has plenty of airspace for rocket-jumping, a nice under area that extends to several flank routes, and plenty of cover for Medics to build their ubers.

Currently, the map is in the late Alpha stage, with the biggest thing it needing right now is some playtesting. I'm posting the map here to get it some more exposure, as well as try and get some more feedback on it. If there is anything you see wrong with the map, please let me know and I'll do my best to fix it!

[Image: 20200313185753_1-jpg.119417]

Download (TF2Maps)

GitHub
Ooga booga map bad Wink
what format is this koth map primarily made for?  I'll def check it out and run around on it a bit.

The first thing I would suggest doing is nerfing sniper on this map. there is no reason why he should have peeking holes that he is only useful to him and basically allows him to free peek the point for free.

[Image: csVZTLN.jpg]
[Image: Hxrz7ui.jpg]
[Image: pFeebW6.jpg]
[Image: SoNSeyC.jpg]
[Image: 7vproO4.jpg]
I mean, the OG maps were made with each class in mind, maybe that was their approach with giving sniper that sight line?
"My name is TheRealWeiner. I hate a lot of things, and I don't particularly like anything. What I have is not a dream, because I will make it a reality. I'm going to restore my clan, and kill a certain someone."
(03-15-2020, 05:53 AM)TheRealWeiner(isn\t-real) Wrote: I mean, the OG maps were made with each class in mind, maybe that was their approach with giving sniper that sight line?

reminder koth_viaduct existed
(03-15-2020, 05:53 AM)TheRealWeiner(isn\t-real) Wrote: I mean, the OG maps were made with each class in mind, maybe that was their approach with giving sniper that sight line?

I mean, that spot was created based on feedback that the sniper should have another position to snipe from, otherwise they would likely have to rotate to the other side of the map. If it seems problematic, that's all good. I can remove it if needed!
(03-15-2020, 07:51 PM)ᴺˢ²ᴷ Person Meetup Wrote: I mean, that spot was created based on feedback that the sniper should have another position to snipe from, otherwise they would likely have to rotate to the other side of the map. If it seems problematic, that's all good. I can remove it if needed!

How you balance things on a map depends on what you want the map to be aimed at. If you want it to be a pub map, then you don’t need to worry as much about sniper sightlines. If, however, you want to aim it towards competitive (especially Highlander or Prolander), then you just about need to actively nerf sniper’s ability to perform on a map by reducing the number/length/width of sightlines. Some sightlines can indeed be good to keep, but it needs to be balanced out by how exposed the sniper is, how easy it is for the other team to bypass that sigtline, etc.

Note that I haven’t looked at the map myself, this is just a bit of advice from one mapper to another.