• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RGL.gg Website Suggestions
Howdy,

We're always looking to improve our site and you could help us. 
  • What bugs could we fix? 
  • What features is the site missing? 
  • How could we improve the flow of the site?

Here's our current list of future features:
  • Nightmode
  • Built in playoffs / matches with that don't need both teams to be set
  • Logs parsing in site
  • Teams to have custom notes, player roles (class/main)
  • Team Logo's
  • Player profile notes / classes listed

Here's Item's we've recently added/fixed

Dec. 11th 2019
  • Stop double posting of match comms on page reload
  • Player Profile not seperates out each region
  • Each group has it's own team create/team join registrations dates
I don't know how feasible it would be with how the site is currently set up, but I hate having to constantly sign into steam for the HL page, and then the prolander page, and then the exp cup page, etc. I would like it if that was cleaned up so its only forcing me to login once to check all of RGL.

Another, perhaps easier, thing to do is to give us a small bio for our profiles right on the RGL site, or at least something there to show what classes we usually play. That way when we are trying to lft, people can see what classes we typically play.

Nightmode. I know its on your to do list, but nightmode <3
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the Open team - team
There should be negative reputation but it should be able to be reviewed by mods. There's no point in doing neutral reputation
I think reputation is rather silly anyway, I'm not a fan of social credit.

While it's not really very practical, I would like to see teams be able to have logos on the site again. It helped quite a bit with establishing personalities for each team.
Bring back team pictures
(12-13-2018, 12:21 PM)tag | Pain Seer Wrote: I don't know how feasible it would be with how the site is currently set up, but I hate having to constantly sign into steam for the HL page, and then the prolander page, and then the exp cup page, etc. I would like it if that was cleaned up so its only forcing me to login once to check all of RGL.

Agreed, this is something that I looked into the past. Would need a shared cookie cross domains, which from my first look into... it was way more effort to get working than I had time for. However now that the site is fairly stable, it'd be good for me to look into again.

(12-13-2018, 12:21 PM)tag | Pain Seer Wrote: Another, perhaps easier, thing to do is to give us a small bio for our profiles right on the RGL site, or at least something there to show what classes we usually play. That way when we are trying to lft, people can see what classes we typically play.

Agreed that allowing players to have some sort of profile and more so teams. So a team can list off who plays what, who's the mains, etc... I think the only question with the player profile is how do we display it effectively? As there's already a lot of info on that screen. Maybe just keep it above the play history, but limit the amount of space it can take.

(12-13-2018, 01:34 PM)duck Wrote: There should be negative reputation but it should be able to be reviewed by mods. There's no point in doing neutral reputation

I've thought about this. At the very least behind the scenes, the plan is to log all issues we have with players on their profile, for admins only. I'm not sure displaying it public or a status would be great, I'm very mixed on it. 

On the one hand it might help force that player to stop being a nuance to the league, as everyone will know upfront that we've had issues with them and if they start to struggle to find teams due to this mark. Might actually force them become better so they can drop the status.

On the other hand you can get into this really gray area of different people asking for certain people to be statused in certain ways, etc... 

Interesting concept, but needs to be thought through fully. Else you'll end up just making the community worst from it.

(12-13-2018, 01:39 PM)Flare Wrote: While it's not really very practical, I would like to see teams be able to have logos on the site again. It helped quite a bit with establishing personalities for each team.
(12-13-2018, 02:36 PM)zuchima Wrote: Bring back team pictures

Team pictures was something I purposefully did not include into the site during the initial launch. A majority of the time, most teams pictures are meme's that look awful as if they've been created inside of MSPaint. On the worst part those meme's are shots at other players in the league. And then you have the handful of teams who actually create professional looking team logos.

Maybe we'll do a trial run for Invite teams to submit team pictures, then an Admin must approve them. Then if this goes well and adds something to the league, then we can potentially expand it out to all divisions.
(12-13-2018, 03:40 PM)sigafoo<3 | RGL.gg Wrote:
(12-13-2018, 12:21 PM)tag | Pain Seer Wrote: Another, perhaps easier, thing to do is to give us a small bio for our profiles right on the RGL site, or at least something there to show what classes we usually play. That way when we are trying to lft, people can see what classes we typically play.

Agreed that allowing players to have some sort of profile and more so teams. So a team can list off who plays what, who's the mains, etc... I think the only question with the player profile is how do we display it effectively? As there's already a lot of info on that screen. Maybe just keep it above the play history, but limit the amount of space it can take.

I disagree on the thought of visual clutter. I think a team's page is fairly minimalistic, and you could put in a bio/logo/icons without adding too much extra visual clutter. Class icons could easily be made either right before someone's name on the list, with all 9 classes and then a M and S to indicate if they are a main or a sub. You could use the tf logo or something similar for flex classes, because I'll assume this would also be applied to prolander, otherwise this would be silly. It would be interesting doing it this way, because then you could possibly apply this to also view on a player's profile, allowing people to see that they played heavy for this team/season and scout for another, etc. A team's bio and logo can be put right underneath their division and name, that way its easy for someone to see it.

For a player's profile, you can do the same as with the team's page and just put it under their name and total earnings, or if you plan limiting it to a small amount, you can even put it right underneath the player's picture. As for what that player would like to put as far as classes on their own page, you can even put them underneath the picture as well.
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the Open team - team
I plan to start creating articles on the website when I do updates to the website, so people can understand the progress whether it's front or back end. We did a deploy on Sunday which launched our new front page. That front page is the style we plan to move to the entire website, but moving from one library to another and moving every single page over will take time. As will the front page redesign will take time. We have other features we plan to bring in as well, but I don't want to talk about them until they are done.

Website Update - Feb 13th, 2019

Player Profile Page Updates

- Player Profile will now hide teams from the past that a player was on that never played a game (e.g. Dead teams or free agent teams.)
- Player Profile will hide leagues from displaying in player profile if the player only has dead teams in that league
- Player Profile will still display these teams if the season is active. They are only hidden once the season finishes and that team never played a game.
- Player Profile will automatically redirect to the players most played leagues website when you visit their RGL.gg profile rather than in a league

e.g. If you're on a players profile in Logs.tf and click on "RGL.gg" and that play has played 2 seasons of HL and 1 season of Prolander. It'll now redirect the user to HL.RGL.gg (the highlander website) to view their profile.

So if you go to my profile http://rgl.gg/Public/PlayerProfile.aspx?...7962684957 it'll automatically redirect you to the HL website.

Though the profile looks the exact same from any RGL Leagues website.

This will help reduce visual clutter on the player profile page and make it much easier to quickly see a players past history in our league.

Thanks,
sigafoo
Website Update - Feb 14th, 2019 (v2.96)

- Updated My Transaction page to only show if you actually have to pay money, else it'll push you directly into the shopping cart
- In the shopping cart, we added (Optional) to the donation row, to make it even more clear this is not required.
- Updated the transaction remove button to say "Leave Team" rather than "Confirm Removal"
- This also removes you from your team, and doesn't just cancel the transaction (as it should have in the first place)

- Fix bug on shopping cart menu, if the min quantity for item was greater than 1.

- Database: Changed all HL Invite teams to be not paid, and the top 4 placing teams will need to pay the entry fee to get into the playoffs with the $1k Prizepool
Website Update - Feb 18th, 2019 (v2.97)

Only admin changes

- Added ability to rate players
- Added ability to give a user a region
- Created admin page to track this information to better spot sandbagging
- This page will also allow us to do placement teams more consistently
- We also may use this information if we do a Salary Cap Rule for Prolander Season 6
- Updated various backend pages to handle this new information

We did all of these things prior, but it was all done by hand in excel spreadsheets. Now will be done on the website and persist to reduce workload and allow admins to make better decisions more quickly on players.
Have a option for your preferred format would be nice, so instead of always going to the homepage when you type rgl.gg you should have a option to have it auto go to your choice of Prolander, Highlander, or valve 6v6
I love my wife

Team history
Jerma is my dad
color code or section off highlander and prolander and 6s so its just easier to look at. If everything is a dif color it just makes everything easier to look at, like if the heading for Highlander was blue and prolander was red etc
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
The main rgl.gg page should have a dropdown menu at the top to navigate to the different leagues. The fact that it just scrolls you down to the (currently) 5 league tabs is redundant.
(02-21-2019, 06:40 AM)Jman Wrote: Have a option for your preferred format would be nice, so instead of always going to the homepage when you type rgl.gg you should have a option to have it auto go to your choice of Prolander, Highlander, or valve 6v6

We're unlikely to do this. If a player already knows what league they want to go to, they can just go directly to the website they want. Every league has it's own unique, easy to type URL.

HL.RGL.gg - Highlander
EU.RGL.gg - Prolander EU
MM.RGL.gg - Valve Sixes

etc... 

We might improve the front page more to have more news, and a quick view of the different leagues. That's the goal. If a player doesn't care about this, which is fine, then they can just go directly to their URL.

(02-21-2019, 12:16 PM)fruitcup Wrote: color code or section off highlander and prolander and 6s so its just easier to look at. If everything is a dif color it just makes everything easier to look at, like if the heading for Highlander was blue and prolander was red etc

What do you mean color code? Do you mean the menu bar or what exactly? On the front page, on each site? 

(02-26-2019, 10:48 PM)Mr. Z | MJC Wrote: The main rgl.gg page should have a dropdown menu at the top to navigate to the different leagues. The fact that it just scrolls you down to the (currently) 5 league tabs is redundant.

I'll look into adding this in, as our initial menu isn't too large. A reminder as above, if you know the league you're going to. Each league has its own URL.
like this, http://hl.rgl.gg/Public/PlayerProfile.as...8393102985 (mine) is just an eyeful, it's a lot better now than it was earlier, but if each one of these http://prntscr.com/mrm27z were color coded i think it would make the whole thing easier to look at. like all the prolander headers are blue, highlander headers are red, 6s are green etc. its not a really important fix but just something to make that page less of an eyeful tbh
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
(02-28-2019, 08:33 PM)fruitcup Wrote: like this, http://hl.rgl.gg/Public/PlayerProfile.as...8393102985 (mine) is just an eyeful, it's a lot better now than it was earlier, but if each one of these http://prntscr.com/mrm27z were color coded i think it would make the whole thing easier to look at. like all the prolander headers are blue, highlander headers are red, 6s are green etc. its not a really important fix but just something to make that page less of an eyeful tbh

Ah okay. Yes, the idea you talk is definitely something I've been thinking about doing as well. I have a couple plans for that page, but currently I'm doing a major rewrite of the look/feel on every single page. To be using more of the ideas from the new front page.

One other thing I hope to add is weighted sections. Meaning that important leagues show above one day cups, etc... 

So totally agree with you on everything you said, however it'll be a little bit until it's gotten to.
Website Update - March 1st, 2019 (v2.99)

Many changes to the player profile

[Image: TfoUs5a.png]

- Added Sizzling Stats link to the profile links
- Formats now have colors to help separate them out
- Regions now have "weight" so leagues show above cups

- End Rank now shows how many teams were in your division
- If you finished top 3, your team gets a cute little trophy next to it
- "Records" was broken into two columns
     - "Record With" - Games played while you were on the team
     - "Record Without" - Games played before or after you were on the team
- Teams that the player is actively on is highlighted in Green

- This page no longer shows rosters if the team didn't play any games (dead teams, free agent) or if you left before a game was played (preseason)

I want to be clear this is still not the end result I want for this page, but I was tired of seeing people show up with full-season stats when they were only on a team for preseason, etc... 

One plan is to make active teams show above historical teams. Also once we start to import logs, the "games with" column would only games the user played in. 

Also, there is still definitely incomplete data in the system. Most notable in the cups, I will try to get that fixed later today or tomorrow. If you're noticing bad data in your profile, leave a message with your profile and what you're seeing and what you expect to see. 

Finally, there's a new feature that was added but disabled. Profiles will also list what groups a player is valid to play in. Since we now have a ranking of players behind the scenes. This won't show your rank, but the guidelines of what divisions you can play in. 
- e.g. A main player cannot play in Open, even if they join the free agent for open. So players can quickly check subs/ringers

The only thing stopping that is we need to add the ability for admins to place overrides for special circumstances.

Thanks
Good job sigafoo, website is a lot better
plug walk
Just some things off the top of my head:
- API documentation for RGL would be nice.
- A url that always takes you to the most recent season for any given page instead of having a id in the url.

Just some geek shit that I think would be cool.

Also rgl 4s.
rgl 4s