• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Highlander Experimental Highlander Cup #3
nobuild makes it much easier to play on the point as a combo player. I don't particularly see how it favors people who sit on their side of the map or how building in the shutter prevents that. from my perspective, a sentry in the shutter prevents the other team from walking across point by forcing both engineers to sit inside shutter jail the whole game. I think if there is a problem with one weapon on one map, it makes more sense to change the map (if there's someone willing to do it) because it doesn't effect the rest of the season
https://rgl.gg/Players/My/Survey.aspx?r=35&s=30

If you participated in the cup, you will be able to fill out the survey here. ^
(05-25-2020, 05:12 PM)rain Wrote: unpopular opinion but i like the new ashville MINUS the no build, no build favors people who like to sit on their side of the map 90% of the game and never leave their own lobby, imo just ban the wrangler if anything, having to no build a map because of a singular weapon is kinda dumb

Shutter minis weren't that big a boogeyman to begin with, pls revert to yesbuild
(05-25-2020, 05:12 PM)rain Wrote: imo just ban the wrangler if anything, having to no build a map because of a singular weapon is kinda dumb

There are too many engie main admins and engie mains without arms who would be dogshit without wrangler for this to ever happen.

Edit: also clearcut bad for hl synthetic bad for all ashvile good
(05-26-2020, 07:38 PM)spring rolls Wrote:
(05-25-2020, 05:12 PM)rain Wrote: imo just ban the wrangler if anything, having to no build a map because of a singular weapon is kinda dumb

There are too many engie main admins and engie mains without arms who would be dogshit without wrangler for this to ever happen.

Not sure what the point of bringing up "engie main admins" has to do with anything, since you might as well just say my name.

Regardless, the only thing that nobuild does is force a different playstyle for engineers. Engineers just wrangled from shutter because it was the most optimal playstyle and it is not difficult for an engineer to just adapt and play in a different area.
Was there ever a conclusive result where it stated the league playerbase was fine with nobuild or wanted a reversion change to yesbuild? I am pretty sure there was a survey weeks ago that had a question about this and that survey was concluded.
A second-class Chinese legend who doesn't know when to give it his all.
https://www.twitch.tv/hinogc

I think he means sigafoo as well lol

Clearcut was the only map that wasn't really fun
(05-26-2020, 07:43 PM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Not sure what the point of bringing up "engie main admins" has to do with anything, since you might as well just say my name.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/plural

also engineer would be so hilariously garbage on payload without wrangler it shouldn't happen anyway, unless you go the dimento route of banning wrangler on koth only
I am the only active admin (that plays in the season) that plays engineer. Sigafoo does not touch this game competitively anymore and when he did play, he ran the pistol a lot -- even on Ashville to my knowledge.

Regardless, this is getting off-topic, so this is my last post regarding this.

(05-26-2020, 07:59 PM)Hino Wrote: Was there ever a conclusive result where it stated the league playerbase was fine with nobuild or wanted a reversion change to yesbuild? I am pretty sure there was a survey weeks ago that had a question about this and that survey was concluded.

Yeah, the results will be displayed in an upcoming article.