• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Highlander Questions from a returning hl player
Question 
Due to a mix of life and burnout I stopped maining in hl after ugc season 20, and stopped subbing  after season 24. I've still been playing other shooters in the time but over the past several months I've been getting the itch to get back into comp hl. But due to my absence from the scene and never playing in rgl I have a few questions.

The first question is there any significant difference in match rules or meta for the normal player in current rgl compared to 2017/2018 ugc?

The second being what div should I try to find a team in? I mained engie up to gold playoffs and subbed in a high silver and a low plat team in ugc, I've become less practiced in tf2 since then but my general fps awareness/aim having improved via other games in that time as well.

Thank you for any advice. :)
There's a few new rules but most of it is just common sense. It's still pretty much get 9 in the server, ready up and play until the round is over.

https://whitelist.tf/rgl_9v9_s5 Here's the whitelist.

If your experience is any indication you should be fine for Advanced, but since every Adv team has an Engi by now it seems so you might be forced to sub or play Main. No idea on Invite.
Pretty much what Luigi said. Not too much has changed since UGC. One of the biggest changes is the map pool.  Here was last season's map pool:

Week 1 - Upward
Week 2 - Ashville
Week 3 - Swiftwater
Week 4 - Cascade
Week 5 - Vigil
Week 6 - Lakeside
Week 7  - Steel

The only changes from Season 20 of UGC are the addition of Vigil and Cascade and the shorter season of seven weeks (compared to ten weeks). King of the Hill maps are swapped around pretty regularly. So next season will likely include something from the Experimental Cup going on right now (koth_ashville_rc2, koth_synthetic_rc6a, or koth_clearcut_b14d) and/or Product.

Hope you can find a spot on a strong team! You'll likely be good in Main/Advanced.
end is the best engie on earth
given ur exp u could prob do fine in advanced. even after all this time engie is a pretty stacked class. if you put up good numbers and establish yourself u could prob turn some heads on moveup teams. good luck man.
normal human
(05-19-2020, 02:30 PM)Luigi Wrote: If your experience is any indication you should be fine for Advanced, but since every Adv team has an Engi by now it seems so you might be forced to sub or play Main. No idea on Invite.

Yeah as someone who's never had a friend group in comp tf2 (beyond friendly chats with a couple team members) it's always been a struggle to find spots on a team and stay on a team (closest I got was being on ngc every other season in their steel-gold days).