• 7 Vote(s) - 2.86 Average
question to players in advanced and below
(12-24-2018, 03:17 PM)ellie Wrote: i dont want to play a pug with anyone who is banned from burger pugs, and basically everyone on that list is a hlpugs regular.

Unfortunately, when we tried banning "problem" players (I'm using this term VERY loosely here) in an attempt to get more players to add, all it lead to was the site being dead for a month+
if it gets annoying mute them and enjoy the game, ez

also, the same things happens on pugchamp i believe its just all the lower level pugs happen in the morning and the higher level players add up later in the day- someone correct me if im wrong cus i havent been on pugchamp in like 2 months (refering to what alto said about adv- players starting pugs off for the day)
Ok i took ome time to think about it, and im wrong. Hlpugs shpuld be what it is righr now, if anyrhing i stopped arguing about subinvite players playing HLpugs and more complaining about the community in general lol. Alto made me realize i am kind of a bitch rn, im writing paragraphs instead of doing what i used to do and go out of my way to play players out of my league. I geuss my argument at the end is that most people are mouthbreathing neanderthals, but playing at a top level isnt for everyone, thats why its called invite. I am wrong to argue to sacrifice conpetitiveness for the sake of my own little HLpug safespace.

Sometimes i cringe at what i say. I literally complained that noone will pick me because lol blue99 instead of going out and just sucking it up and play a class like med.
IM ETERNALLY PISSED
Thank you
its a christmas miracle
plug walk
lmaooo
help
https://logs.tf/2182906#76561198125700525
here was a lobby with a mix of players between main, advanced, and invite, and it was a very close 3-2
this was as fun as any burger pug or tf2center ive played
i was added from when i woke up at 2pm until a pug started at 430
if everyone starts doing this, pugs will start often, and the more main/advanced players play/ the less each will get called out for being bad, and everyobody will play more

make hlpugs main again
good pugs menn
(12-24-2018, 05:49 PM)saturation Wrote: https://logs.tf/2182892
here was a lobby with a mix of players between main, advanced, and invite, and it was a very close 3-2
this was as fun as any burger pug or tf2center ive played
i was added from when i woke up at 2pm until a pug started at 430
if everyone starts doing this, pugs will start often, and the more main/advanced players play/ the less each will get called out for being bad, and everyobody will play more

make hlpugs main again

Throwing engineer in pugs again i see....
IM ETERNALLY PISSED
Legit as long as you don’t be a fucking idiot and have even a semblance of arms you’ll get picked. If you don’t know what a fucking idiot looks like, here you go;
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/3..._Steam.jpg
(12-24-2018, 03:22 PM)wish Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 03:17 PM)ellie Wrote: i dont want to play a pug with anyone who is banned from burger pugs, and basically everyone on that list is a hlpugs regular.

Unfortunately, when we tried banning "problem" players (I'm using this term VERY loosely here) in an attempt to get more players to add, all it lead to was the site being dead for a month+

"problem" players means players that ruin pugs right? all u did was ban anyone that said the word which included most of the regulars instead of just players that ruined pugs. maybe if u tried getting rid of players that don't try in any pugs or make the pug terrible (bowl, durr, dimento half the time, etc) pugs would be enjoyable
no more king pugs please
(12-24-2018, 10:36 PM)Uni Wrote: Legit as long as you don’t be a fucking idiot and have even a semblance of arms you’ll get picked.  If you don’t know what a fucking idiot looks like, here you go;

I'm sure that nip nop just worded what he meant incorrectly, he also apologized for what he said. 
It's Christmas day, let's all just be nice and have fun with one another, no need to insult each other.
(12-25-2018, 12:11 PM)SpotlightR Wrote:
(12-24-2018, 10:36 PM)Uni Wrote: Legit as long as you don’t be a fucking idiot and have even a semblance of arms you’ll get picked.  If you don’t know what a fucking idiot looks like, here you go;

I'm sure that nip nop just worded what he meant incorrectly, he also apologized for what he said. 
It's Christmas day, let's all just be nice and have fun with one another, no need to insult each other.

did u pick him up tho
plug walk
(12-25-2018, 12:28 PM)cloud Wrote:
(12-25-2018, 12:11 PM)SpotlightR Wrote:

did u pick him up tho

no
dear god please no fatkid rules
Fatkid rules seem like a really good way to lower pug quality even more
i don't want to be forced to have lower level players in higher pugs.
you just have a second pug to counter that
This might not work unless there was already a much larger pug player base, but why couldn't you just have 2 different sections on the site? One for A pugs and one for B pugs.

Everyone can add to A pugs, and then obviously only the best players get picked there. But you can restrict the highest-level players from playing in B pugs so all the people who are terrified of being called bad for whatever reason have somewhere to go. And then you can allow people to add to both at the same time, but only ready up for one of them if both start very close together. This way, even if there's a lack of overall players, everyone can still add to A pugs and it's the same system as it is now -- but at the same time it might attract more overall players to the site and eventually lead to more pugs being played consistently.

More details would need worked out obviously, but it might be at least a step in the right direction to attracting more players?

Edit: I have literally 0 idea if anyone's suggested anything like this yet, so I'm sorry if it's already been said. I did not even come close to reading this entire thread. lmao
save me
(12-26-2018, 10:31 PM)Ross Wrote: This might not work unless there was already a much larger pug player base, but why couldn't you just have 2 different sections on the site? One for A pugs and one for B pugs.

Everyone can add to A pugs, and then obviously only the best players get picked there. But you can restrict the highest-level players from playing in B pugs so all the people who are terrified of being called bad for whatever reason have somewhere to go. And then you can allow people to add to both at the same time, but only ready up for one of them if both start very close together. This way, even if there's a lack of overall players, everyone can still add to A pugs and it's the same system as it is now -- but at the same time it might attract more overall players to the site and eventually lead to more pugs being played consistently.

More details would need worked out obviously, but it might be at least a step in the right direction to attracting more players?

Edit: I have literally 0 idea if anyone's suggested anything like this yet, so I'm sorry if it's already been said. I did not even come close to reading this entire thread. lmao

This is basically my original argument, just worded a lot better. TBH maybe people will pick up on it now that its actually explained well. Yes youll seperate the base, but those who want to play in the upper pug will play in that pug ad those who didnt want to will play in B. The thing is they dont wait for 2nd pug so they just disconnect from the site. So if you have 2 simultaneous pugs, the upper pugs will be basically same old HLpugs, but I guarantee those who wouldnt even join would join the B pugs, therefore your base will expand. But i could be wrong and retarded. probably...
IM ETERNALLY PISSED