• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any vinyl collectors?
I wanna see what you guys own on vinyl

I own these:
Car seat headrest - Twin Fantasy
Foxygen  - Hang (Limited green vinyl)
Queens of the stone age - Like Clockwork
Metric - Art of doubt (Limited clear vinyl)
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here
Metallica - Black album (Metallica)
MGMT - Little dark age
Ghost - Prequelle (Limited clear-smoke vinyl)
Pixies - Surfa Rosa
Radiohead - OK computer
Weezer - Pinkerton
Weezer - Pacific daydream
Weezer - Blue album (Weezer)
Quote:I SWAT THE FLIES BUT THEY KEEP COMING BACK

ive got
funeral-arcade fire
the suburbs-arcade fire
like clockwork-qotsa (shoutout gobi)
knife man-ajj
cant maintain-ajj
@eric_koston
I met wile in person
(12-27-2018, 09:05 PM)saturation Wrote: ive got
funeral-arcade fire
the suburbs-arcade fire
like clockwork-qotsa (shoutout gobi)
knife man-ajj
cant maintain-ajj

Did you have a lottery ticket in your QOTSA vinyl?

its not updated by any means cause im lazy

https://www.discogs.com/user/_asher/collection
hh brother
(12-28-2018, 11:53 PM)asher Wrote: its not updated by any means cause im lazy

https://www.discogs.com/user/_asher/collection

omg you have loveless on vinyl

(12-29-2018, 09:30 PM)Gøbi かわいい LFT Wrote: omg you have loveless on vinyl

its one of the reissues but yeah i managed to get one before the reissue went out of stock, its one of the records in my collection that I'd never sell, ironically I've actually never played it cause I saw the resale price skyrocket and now I get anxious thinking about ruining the record somehow lmao

I think one thing that anyone who is starting to collect or wants to start collecting should know is this, and this might be a bit cynical but it's kinda how it is right now. A lot of labels artificially hype up releases and reissues. What I mean by this is that they print a very limited amount of records per pressing, in some unique colored vinyl, and then promote it as "LIMITED 1/200 SUPER LIMITED PINK VARIANT BUY NOW". I personally took the bait plenty of times before realizing, as soon as they run out of that 1/200 pressing, they immediately start promoting "2ND PRESSING LIMITED 1/400 SUPER LIMITED ORANGE VARIANT BUY NOW FINISH YOUR COLLECTION" type of shit. Not every label does this, but just don't find yourself falling for the hype like I did when I first started.

Another thing to keep in mind is that retail stores that sell vinyl, like Urban Outfitters, or Barnes and Noble, overprice the hell out of their records. If you want to go to a store and get records, I would highly recommend taking the time to find your local record stores and go there instead. If you don't live close to any good stores, discogs is a great way to purchase records as well. I've personally never had any problems ordering stuff from discogs, but I also usually look for mint/near mint copy, rather than trusting a good/very good copy, so your mileage may vary.
hh brother
(12-29-2018, 11:19 PM)asher Wrote:
(12-29-2018, 09:30 PM)Gøbi かわいい LFT Wrote: omg you have loveless on vinyl

its one of the reissues but yeah i managed to get one before the reissue went out of stock, its one of the records in my collection that I'd never sell, ironically I've actually never played it cause I saw the resale price skyrocket and now I get anxious thinking about ruining the record somehow lmao

I think one thing that anyone who is starting to collect or wants to start collecting should know is this, and this might be a bit cynical but it's kinda how it is right now. A lot of labels artificially hype up releases and reissues. What I mean by this is that they print a very limited amount of records per pressing, in some unique colored vinyl, and then promote it as "LIMITED 1/200 SUPER LIMITED PINK VARIANT BUY NOW". I personally took the bait plenty of times before realizing, as soon as they run out of that 1/200 pressing, they immediately start promoting "2ND PRESSING LIMITED 1/400 SUPER LIMITED ORANGE VARIANT BUY NOW FINISH YOUR COLLECTION" type of shit. Not every label does this, but just don't find yourself falling for the hype like I did when I first started.

Another thing to keep in mind is that retail stores that sell vinyl, like Urban Outfitters, or Barnes and Noble, overprice the hell out of their records. If you want to go to a store and get records, I would highly recommend taking the time to find your local record stores and go there instead. If you don't live close to any good stores, discogs is a great way to purchase records as well. I've personally never had any problems ordering stuff from discogs, but I also usually look for mint/near mint copy, rather than trusting a good/very good copy, so your mileage may vary.
yea there arent a lot of physical stores here sadly

I too enjoy vinyl:

https://www.discogs.com/user/SylonDMS/collection
my copy of Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - In Summer came in

easily one of my favorite albums by j c-l, so im glad I managed to grab a copy of this
hh brother
blink 182 - enema of the state
chance the rapper - acid rap (purple vinyl)
coldplay - a rush of blood to the head
death grips - the money store
explosions in the sky - the earth is not a cold dead place
father john misty - pure comedy
kendrick lamar - good kid, m.A.A.d. city
MGMT - oracular spectacular
postal service - give up (deluxe edition)
run the jewels - RTJ2
run the jewels - RTJ3
tyler the creator - flower boy (limited gold vinyl)
phoenix - Wolfgang Amadeus phoenix

I also have a vinyl of the shrek original motion picture score
shrek vinyl is the best one here.
ive also gotten a few mores, ill probably post them here soon

Gorrilaz on vinyl isnt the best, but I own them regardless for some reason.