• 4 Vote(s) - 3 Average
i want to ban the iron bomber
The iron bomber adds nothing new to demo.
Lets say if the original had a bigger explosion radius than stock rocket launcher for no reason, nothing about soldier gameplay would change whatsoever, its just an objectively better version of a weapon that already exists, play styles wont change, ill be doing the same dumb shit I normally do, just now with a better weapon for no apparent reason, it will get me kills I shouldn't of gotten to begin with. That is unacceptable.

1: it isn't listed on the weapon, making it an actual bug,
2: it doesn't change how you play the game, it just gives you an objectively better version of the same weapon demo already has.

If a weapon is a straight upgrade that doesn't mean automatic ban, its if that weapon adds to competitive as a whole, crossbow gives medic new healing options and the ability to heal players outside medigun range, sandvich can give heavy healing opportunities he may need when flanking or in need of health around no packs. The only thing the iron bomber does is allow you to hit pipes you shouldn't of hit to begin with, while also granting you other good attributes , it is just a better version of the same option.

Two people have already fucking fixed this, higps fixed it, and im 90% sure mastcomms also fixed it. If were going to play a season without implementing those fixes the weapon should be banned.

We should ban this weapon because its bugged, if the hitbox were normal there wouldn't be a discussion around this because it would be completely unnecessary in my opinion, but there is an unlisted attribute that makes the weapon leagues better than stock on top of its already very good upsides.

edit: I'm moreso inclined to say please implement the fixes than ban the weapon.
Florida #1
Oh shit, does iron bomber really have a bigger explosion radius?
(09-17-2020, 07:36 PM)Markers Wrote: Oh shit, does iron bomber really have a bigger explosion radius?

No, the pipe itself has a bigger hitbox.
just implement the competitive fix plugins, ive wanted to play with them since i heard about them (minus the med scout speed removal)
(09-16-2020, 07:06 PM)blue99 Wrote: I know this is kind of an unpopular opinion but after recent revelations I believe that it is completely justified to hold this opinon.

For those unaware with the new found issues with the weapon, watch this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJHediUtAwc

My reason isnt just because it is bugged, but reasoning for why it would improve the state of tf2 highlander ~

With the larger hitboxes, combined with the stagnant nature of rollers, any mid on koth makes highlander already way more hectic and restricting than it is. With one pipe you can drop a ludicrous amount of damage just by hitting the edge of a massive hitbox in any clustered area of any map, I have witnessed many instances of accidental unearned med drops on product that are the neither the result of the demomans pipe aim or lack of awareness from the med, but simply by dumb stupid luck. Medics shouldn't be expected to simply be denied an area of the map because they could get hit by something they cannot dodge. With stock pills medics have more of a chance to fairly dodge and it lessens the chance of accidental kills meaning demos will actually have to aim a projectile to things they want to kill. 

- A demo doesnt even need to see his target to do damage, For example if a demo is trying to aggro someone around a corner the time exposed to enemy fire is significantly reduced to the point where the demo doesnt even need to fully peak just hit the edge of the other players hitbox, this would give hitscan players a slim window to do damage. Since he wont be exposed long enough for your whole weapon spread to hit him, or for a sniper to headshot(consistently).

You can argue "Well medics should be way more aware of whats around them" or "As a heavy/scout you will just have to reposition". i am not arguing that. In the current game this is what needs to be done. But imagine a game where any class can be a lot more aggressive in pushing the other combo(since hitboxes will be smaller and rollers wont stagnate), or a game where classes can freely aggress demos and its more reliant on the heavy to deny space for the demo to do work. I honestly believe that no iron bomber would make for a less clustered highlander(In a world where, snipers deny sightlines, sentries exist, soldier spam exist, spies exist, remocing the threat of stray pipes isnt much to ask) and significantly make the game a lot more enjoyable.

Again there are alot more points I can address but I do want to genuinely discuss this. Some people may call this dumb and say players have already adapted to the current meta, but i guarantee valve will fix the hitboxes soon and people will adapt anyway. Why not start earlier, maybe not this season, but s8?

You might inadvertently buff scout though since they have more room to troll your demoman. However that makes the other players more important on the team rather than your demo just dming everyone that comes near him.

Edit: got some dms where ppl misconstrue what im saying, the iron bomber isnt necessarily broken, I just feel the change to pills would make for a better game
hey long time god of movement. since i normally don't get abused by spam or direct combat with the demo. this is a neat little thing i had no idea about but thank you for showing this so now i just blame the item whenever i die to spam/directs.
blake uber LOL!
(09-17-2020, 08:40 PM)Joey Lemons Wrote: just implement the competitive fix plugins, ive wanted to play with them since i heard about them (minus the med scout speed removal)

https://rgl.gg/Public/Articles/Default.aspx?a=1403&r=24

If you are referring to these, they were implemented over 4-months ago. Make sure your server is running the latest version of the RGL configs.
(no longer a Highlander league admin)
I heard the iron bomber makes your pp smaller
(09-17-2020, 10:56 PM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(09-17-2020, 08:40 PM)Joey Lemons Wrote: just implement the competitive fix plugins, ive wanted to play with them since i heard about them (minus the med scout speed removal)

https://rgl.gg/Public/Articles/Default.aspx?a=1403&r=24

If you are referring to these, they were implemented over 4-months ago. Make sure your server is running the latest version of the RGL configs.

for some reason i thought these had included the collision box fix for iron bomber, so they werent implemented. well then I think they should update the plugin to include the iron bomber fix