• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
cp_hybrid
I worked on this map a while ago and have always been looking for a place where I can playtest it competitively. This forum post is my form of ‘throwing in the towel’ since there are essentially no publicly-available avenues to have maps tested in a 6v6 or Highlander environment. I have tested this map on non-competitive servers with similar player counts and classes to the competitive formats, and believe it is at a state where I can ask for the comp community to have a look at it themselves.
cp_hybrid’s gamemode is an odd version of 3CP. For a team to progress, they must own both the Courtyard and the Warehouse in order to unlock the ability to attack the enemy’s Intelligence Control Point (B or R, depending on the defending team). The Warehouse awards its owner with faster respawn time and access to the Sewers, a one-way passage directly into the enemy’s Intelligence Control Point. As usual, the game is won when a team owns all four control points.
I’m pretty sure map download links don’t count as referral links, but if they do, may mercy fall upon me: https://gamebanana.com/maps/200454
To clarify: the map is 4CP, plays something like a mix of hydro and standin (wait please come back). Each team has a last that's locked and two central, always open points. A team must control both center points in order to push last; losing one of the center points locks last again.

Looking over the map, there are a couple rough spots but I think there may be some potential for people that have been looking for something different than the standard koth/pl. Without any testing I can't say for sure if it'll flop or not, but it looks interesting enough to test over the offseason, imo.
(02-05-2019, 01:59 AM)Alto Wrote: To clarify: the map is 4CP, plays something like a mix of hydro and standin (wait please come back). Each team has a last that's locked and two central, always open points. A team must control both center points in order to push last; losing one of the center points locks last again.

Looking over the map, there are a couple rough spots but I think there may be some potential for people that have been looking for something different than the standard koth/pl. Without any testing I can't say for sure if it'll flop or not, but it looks interesting enough to test over the offseason, imo.

This sounds super fun, I want to play it in a pug setting at the very least.
this sounds pretty amazing, would run a pugs pug on this map this weekend
Dad
Leader of
"Clearer Comms"
Havi#7716
I was thinking of trying to get new map pugs together sometime soon to test the new lakeside, I could try and throw this into the mix too if people want.
(02-05-2019, 02:21 PM)zuchima Wrote: I was thinking of trying to get new map pugs together sometime soon to test the new lakeside, I could try and throw this into the mix too if people want.

It's an interesting idea, would be worth a shot imo
I'm regretting basically killing experimental pugs
I don't seem to be getting any notifications from any of these competitive TF2 threads, so I can't respond to absolutely everything. The best way to get in touch with me or raise concerns about the map would be through my Steam profile or the comments of the GameBanana submission I linked in my first post. The submission also contains a bunch of "Todos" that have been suggested by the Highlander community which I am pondering over with the artpasser Docteur Whoa. Thanks for all your interest, and please hit me up if anything is happening.

EDIT: Fixed the issue, I wasn't subscribed to the thread.
Here is a map of suggested callouts I made for when you inevitably begin preparations for map testing.
[Image: 5c5c19ce298e8.jpg]
Thanks for testing the map in a competitive Highlander setting. From what I've learned from the playtest, once any team owns both middle control points, they have little to no difficulty taking the final point for themselves. I saw nobody being engaged in Descent or Split during these times, people seemed confused as to how to get to their final point from spawn, and Sewers was not used at all, but the other sections of the map proved to be mostly balanced. I have saved a demo of the event and will be sharing this same demo with the artpasser of the map. Expect version b5, when it comes out, to attempt to fix these issues, as well as various other improvements.
@Jack5 is there a demos.tf upload of the demo? that way we can view a top down version of the play test?
(02-11-2019, 02:42 AM)Mothership Wrote: @Jack5 is there a demos.tf upload of the demo? that way we can view a top down version of the play test?

http://sizzlingstats.com/stats/576700

it's pretty quick
uh idk if im biased but the map is way too anti sniper lmao (it may be because i didnt rlly find any sightlines that were useful? or because im just not used to the map?). as much as i hate ashville its probably the best anti sniper map out rn? (maybe steel idk?) the maps so small sniper essentially needs to run huntsman to do anything (like i said idk tho i might have a bias opinion). they make sniper less useful than on maps like product or lakeside but they dont make sniper useless lol