• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KotH_Proside (Lakeside Pro)
new connect is
connect maptest.highlander.tf
what the hell am i doing here?
make the ceiling above drop down taller your gonna give the classes a concussion from hitting their heads all the time, also the size of it feels very claustrophobic

https://imgur.com/7oWWtjw also this is a issue on the standard one aswell

https://imgur.com/GJOmI7B also make these real

also make the sand in bathhouse aliitle higher so I dont stub my pinky toe on the lip

ALSO ALLOW ME TO BUILD IN THE SANDBOX IN BATHHOUSE

https://imgur.com/Gvjqftc

also make both sides symmetrical, theirs bunch of solid rocks on blue side going up to ruins not to mention the whole in the wall while red has keeped their side clean

the netting below sniper nest has sticky pass through so you can put stickies behind the netting and det them to do damage from the opposet side. idk if bullets can pass it and delet the sticks, https://imgur.com/cw3bDNI

https://imgur.com/7CTEuMJ

https://imgur.com/l9VA0uJ make the map symetrical plz

https://imgur.com/wdf75A2

https://imgur.com/xUlJ0tq why does this lip exist?

the inside of bathhouse could use a blueish/white light coming from the Hole in the roof to give more light and life into the otherwise dark and gloomy room
I love my wife

Team history
Jerma is my dad
(04-12-2019, 02:46 PM)Jman Wrote: ALSO ALLOW ME TO BUILD IN THE SANDBOX IN BATHHOUSE

This specifically should never happen. If you make it buildable then you have sentries that peek out of the ground. It also cannot be flat so players cant bot for a pack without thinking
really looking forward to this, heres some bugs/errors i found

this clip brush is too high 

another clip brush

dropdown needs texture fixes on the wall and drop, also clipping needs to be added to edge

brush error

clipping also needs to be added below bats near the wall, wont let me add another picture but it should be easy to find

if anyone is wondering how i see clip brushes ingame use "r_drawclipbrushes 2"
Memories <3 : i find it impossible that you flick that consitantly, unless you're some uberloser with like 3k+ hours on record
(04-12-2019, 06:49 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(04-12-2019, 02:46 PM)Jman Wrote: ALSO ALLOW ME TO BUILD IN THE SANDBOX IN BATHHOUSE

This specifically should never happen. If you make it buildable then you have sentries that peek out of the ground. It also cannot be flat so players cant bot for a pack without thinking

you already have spots where the gun "peek out of the ground" being the ramps going into ruin, its not even like the gun is going to have an advantage seeing how it can be easily taken out from splash since the only ways to approach that gun is from a hight advantage, unlike the ramp going to ruin where you have to take it at a even level
I love my wife

Team history
Jerma is my dad
Overall I'm quit fond of the changes that have been made to bathhouse, though the dim red light in there (and in tunnels) makes it incredibly difficult to see people and to tell what color they are, not sure if it is because I'm red/green colorblind or what, but would love to see these areas brightened maybe 10%-20%.

The ramp up to bridge is a good edition, not sure why the harsh lip is there, it seems like it could cause a lot of weird splash damage absorption. I also think the gaps in the bridge have increased in size to allow easier spam from bridge to main, great change IMO. Same goes for the transparent fences on ruins. I would like to see some of the rubble removed from the ruins area as it currently allows for some invisible sticky traps that are just to easy to set up, especially in an area that is already prone to sticky traps.

For bats I really like the edition and placement of the drop down to secret, allows for the sniper to drop into secret if he gets bombed but isn't a free getaway pass. Also the placement of the torch in secret allows scouts to crouch onto it and spam a sniper playing forward on bats. Under bats the splash pass-through on the netting should probably be removed, though it is quite obvious if there's stickies there. There is a 1 way view on red bats (I think) as you can see here: https://imgur.com/a/WeIOF71

The metal in yard is a nice edition, though the bushes should be placed symmetrically as sticks can be hidden in them and could be quite nasty depending on the side of play. The combining of ammo packs and health packs is also pretty interesting, has some downsides and upsides but haven't played them enough to know how big of a difference they make. Definitely need to fix the ground decals where they spawn, but I assume that will be in later iterations.
proside is epic. but you can still shoot through the fence across from bathhouse though.
Proside has a glaring spot from Batts, where you can shoot on top of the fence near ruins, and a small ammo kit behind obelisk that should be medium. Otherwise, the map doesn't have too much wrong with it right now.
2nd class Chinese legend who doesn't know when to quit.
koth_proside_rc3

this update is mostly quality of life improvement, no gameplay changes.
"if the map is glowing for you then use: mat_disable_bloom 1" - aad

Changes so far
  • Fixed the clipping on bats being the wrong height
  • Made drop-down a bit higher so it's harder to hit your head on the roof
  • Made the bushes behind point symmetrical
  • Fixed the weird height variation on ramp
  • Added a spot of light going into bath house from the roof

Map isnt up on the server yet, I need to compile it & upload it, which I will be doing tomorrow
I played pyro during the cup but kresnik played spy and said the ramp made it very nice for spy for rotations and gave him a lot of power. Jarrett played scout and said bath house was way better for scout without the water. Drop down was literally never used, idk why it was added in the first place. Palm tree was not missed.
i played proside in a pug a few times and i found that camping bats as spy is super easy with the dropdown to the health pack. not really necessary, camping bats was already stupid good.
Overall I quite enjoyed the changes made so far. I think the filled in water is a bit awkward sometimes to fight around, but that might just come to being use to fighting with water there, I kept accidentally walking into the sand pit everytime we had to push from there, which kind of just slowed things down. I don't think the dropdown was ever used on either team, but I do like the inclusion of it. The decals need to be fixed still where you combined the packs. I'm still having HDR lighting issues on the map, which I think is from a compile issue with having too many light_environment objects placed. I looked on rc2 or whatever version was played in the cup.

I do think that if we keep lakeside in for s3 that it should get replaced with proside
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the Open team - team
Im pretty sure i was sniping by our pack with my combo and got backstabbed twice because kresnik was able to go thru dropdown to get around my pyro so it wasnt useless
The thought behind the drop down on bats was to make it so the flank could rotate more easily to the sniper and make it a bit harder for the class (seeing that one of the complains on proside was that sniper was really good).
i killed the sniper multiple times through dropdown
I think it just has to be something that people need to get use to being there in order to take full advantage of. We didn't (or at least I didn't notice it) use it once during our match, but I think thats because people forget that its there
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the Open team - team
people forget the pack area exists in general, but if it isn't majorly affecting game play then the addition should be fine to keep.
(04-16-2019, 12:05 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: people forget the pack area exists in general, but if it isn't majorly affecting game play then the addition should be fine to keep.

except the fact that it should be frowned upon to begin making random changes to maps without any drive to it, changes for the sake of changes are not what we want to see.
(04-15-2019, 08:51 PM)Gobitoe Wrote: The thought behind the drop down on bats was to make it so the flank could rotate more easily to the sniper and make it a bit harder for the class (seeing that one of the complains on proside was that sniper was really good).

(04-16-2019, 05:20 PM)Dimento.knd Wrote:
(04-16-2019, 12:05 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: people forget the pack area exists in general, but if it isn't majorly affecting game play then the addition should be fine to keep.

except the fact that it should be frowned upon to begin making random changes to maps without any drive to it, changes for the sake of changes are not what we want to see.