• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
KotH_Proside (Lakeside Pro)
Exclamation 
hey guys,

Imma be giving a shot at trying to update lakeside to fill your very own requests, so post them down there;
What do you think should lakeside pro (or proside) should have differently than the default one? post pics if needed

**EDIT**

Connect info: connect maptest.highlander.tf
Current version: koth_proside_rc8
what the hell am i doing here?
what a god

ammo below obelisk for sure

good luck with all this, you'll need it
Dad
The Godfather#7716
the palm trees have stupid large hitboxes that would definitely need to be fixed imo, it fucks up more than just sniper in my experience

[Image: u5SOMbU.jpg]
hh brother
heavy head glitch
the stairs to point and into bath both interact terribly with splash, sometimes completely eating rockets and sticks, this can be fixed by either making them flat ramps or reconstructing them with smaller gaps between the stairs themselves. make bath house brighter, and something to connect main/the middle area between spawn and main and have it lead to tunnel/ ruins. fix the small bug with the entrance of tunnel where you can get stuck in the wooden frame of its entrance, essentially upward sign bug except you cant get out without kill binding, ill post or edit this post if i can purposefully get myself stuck in it as iv gotten stuck in ii multiple times in scrims and not in the mood to look at demos.
(02-01-2019, 08:40 PM)FATHER | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: what a god

ammo below obelisk for sure

good luck with all this, you'll need it

ammo below obby would be negated by the dispenser,

besides the ammo thing I dont personally think the lakeside needs a pro version,
I love my wife

Team history
Jerma is my dad
You absolutely need metal there, the whole reason we stress the inportance of having a dispenser there is because there are no metal pickups for anyone in the combo otherwise. Not to mention you would still need to have a dispenser somewhere close rather quickly since once the pack is taken, there are 2 other combo members that need ammo too.
(02-01-2019, 11:27 PM)Mothership Wrote: You absolutely need metal there, the whole reason we stress the inportance of having a dispenser there is because there are no metal pickups for anyone in the combo otherwise. Not to mention you would still need to have a dispenser somewhere close rather quickly since once the pack is taken, there are 2 other combo members that need ammo too.

exactly, when pooter runs out of boolets, 40 more can save a team fight! having even a small ammo and maybe even a health kit there would be excellent. also a health kit would allow demos to take more risk on rollout, having a bit more suitability before the medic shows up.
Dad
The Godfather#7716
just make it better for pyro
thank you
add more ammo
/fin

Me and Exa had a conversation in the discord about adding a way up from behind the bridge up to either on top of it or what we ended up liking better, an additional tunnel from main.

also Proside > any other name because I came up with it first
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the IM team - team
just a comemetic suggestion, but can we make the map more green as well? it would match the product asthetic and greener is just better in general

also maybe a way to get to batts from the yard? would allow forward holds.
I actually don't really care for a texture overhaul, I don't mind the sandstone that Lakeside has. I personally would just like to see some of the game play changes
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

wip:
https://i.imgur.com/RCuPWg5.png
https://i.imgur.com/6VjRcLB.png
One thing you have to have in mind with a ramp like that is that possibility of a sniper standing on it and peaking over the edge of the bridge. Thats originally why Exa and I were toying with the thought of having a connecting tunnel going from main to the current tunnel to avoid that.

ammo pack is fine, I personally would rather see it at the base of the obelisk near the palm tree, but that might be too close to point. either way its just nice to have more ammo around the point

EDIT: also one thing that I don't think as been mentioned yet is possibly adjusting the rocks at main behind the bridge so that there isn't an unfair advantage to the blu side. maybe the ramp/tunnel would fix that?

change the geometry of batts so that you can leave spawn on the far side of bath without getting sniped
nobuild the stairs in bath so you can't headglitch minis onto the point that hitscan classes can't shoot
heavy headglitch spot should be nerfed, or at the very least require a tele
two small health packs in tunnel -> 1 medium
maybe drop a small pack behind main
small metal somewhere in yard, or a medium in main with the small pack
not sure how, but doing something to block the ridiculous pressure the bath house sightline exerts would be nice
the weird lattice of wood that surrounds the small pack on batts should be made more consistent (ie filled entirely to remove the sightline or opened up)
i would gather feedback on the cheese sightline sitting on the rock behind main that sees onto point, its aids but also one of the best ways of pushing back into point so it's a tossup
add lighting into the water so you can actually see someone in it
might want to look into removing some of the high up invisible ledges/the clipping over main spawn exit that soldiers can camp for cheese picks
make the resup cabinet closer to the spawn exit so b4nny binding isn't necessary

in general anything you do regarding nerfing sightlines would be great
i'll probably think of more tomorrow
(02-02-2019, 05:09 AM)Alto Wrote: change the geometry of batts so that you can leave spawn on the far side of bath without getting sniped
nobuild the stairs in bath so you can't headglitch minis onto the point that hitscan classes can't shoot
heavy headglitch spot should be nerfed, or at the very least require a tele
two small health packs in tunnel -> 1 medium
maybe drop a small pack behind main
small metal somewhere in yard, or a medium in main with the small pack
not sure how, but doing something to block the ridiculous pressure the bath house sightline exerts would be nice
the weird lattice of wood that surrounds the small pack on batts should be made more consistent (ie filled entirely to remove the sightline or opened up)
i would gather feedback on the cheese sightline sitting on the rock behind main that sees onto point, its aids but also one of the best ways of pushing back into point so it's a tossup
add lighting into the water so you can actually see someone in it
might want to look into removing some of the high up invisible ledges/the clipping over main spawn exit that soldiers can camp for cheese picks
make the resup cabinet closer to the spawn exit so b4nny binding isn't necessary

in general anything you do regarding nerfing sightlines would be great
i'll probably think of more tomorrow
thanks alto, noted

(02-02-2019, 04:50 AM)tag | Pain Seer Wrote: One thing you have to have in mind with a ramp like that is that possibility of a sniper standing on it and peaking over the edge of the bridge. Thats originally why Exa and I were toying with the thought of having a connecting tunnel going from main to the current tunnel to avoid that.

ammo pack is fine, I personally would rather see it at the base of the obelisk near the palm tree, but that might be too close to point. either way its just nice to have more ammo around the point

EDIT: also one thing that I don't think as been mentioned yet is possibly adjusting the rocks at main behind the bridge so that there isn't an unfair advantage to the blu side. maybe the ramp/tunnel would fix that?

editing existing displacement (aka the mountainside) is really hard and tedious and ive asked other mappers about it, and they all told me that if thats the change people wanted to make, theyre better off making a new map. that's why I wanted to try the ramp alternative

also, to add something about the ramp: I added a ledge on bridge that blocks the sniper sightline unless he's standing directly in the top corner of the ramp

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/4...nknown.png
@Gøbi かわいい LFT

Would it be possible to add a fence on the batts where the bridge is to prevent the sniper from using it to head peak?

Perhaps have it so you can go from main to the tunnel by having that whole section blocked off, like the cliff/china on product
The reason you need a dispenser on this map is because there's the big ammo, 2 small ammo packs on bats, and a medium ammo on ruins. This map offers practically no ammo and all 3 packs are far away from each other. Putting a dispenser behind obelisk is also ridiculously easy to spam from bathhouse, something that is extremely annoying to deal with. Adding a way to get on bats from yard also would increase forward holds, and making it so you cant get sniped crossing from spawn to your bats would add a bit of safety and remove some of the power sniper has, since sniper on this map is insanely strong.

Tldr
Add more ammo/health
Make it so my dispenser lives pls
plug walk
(02-02-2019, 04:27 AM)Gøbi かわいい LFT Wrote: wip:
https://i.imgur.com/RCuPWg5.png
https://i.imgur.com/6VjRcLB.png

try to make sure you dont clip/have to jump up from the top of the ramp
Dad
The Godfather#7716
Found a few things while messing around with the map, and managed to get myself stuck in the bugged spot, other then that iv found a few things that i would like to happen if proside (bayside is a better name) is made

https://imgur.com/a/Kosgjd5 this wall should be made solid wall, not a shelf where there is open space, as rockets, sticks and, pipes fly right through it

Same goes for the parts of this wall https://imgur.com/a/MfJK541

if you feel the need to remove these spots as i have no idea why it exists https://imgur.com/a/Jcgq67G

https://imgur.com/a/4QG43eI the bugged spot, note you can shoot out of the spot but impossible to get out without kill binding

Most if not all of my problems with the map have been already stated so i wont bother repeating them, besides the stairs, they make me reeee.

Edit. the spot where the mini sentry is can also be accessed by all classes, with a tele or just a simple sticky or rocket jump,meaning a soldier could also hide there while your team is getting respawns and could kill your med the spots kinda dumb so ye.