• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Forum Updates
  • swapped page numbers and post thread buttons to draw attention to the filters, specifically "prefix" filtering
A reminder regarding LFT and LFP posts. There are posting guidelines for each located in the root of both forums. Here is a copy pasta of the LFT Posting Guidelines as a reminder.

(11-24-2018, 05:39 AM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Looking for Team posts are recommended for returning players looking to join a new team.

Title/Subject

Remember to choose a division prefix in the "Subject" area if you are looking for a team in a single division. If you do this, it will make it much easier for people to see what division you are looking to play in.

The title/subject of an LFT post should be marked with the division you wish to play in under "Thread Subject" and the specific classes you are looking for.

Code:
(Division Subject Prefix) [Alias] - [Class Preference]

Example titles:
  • Advanced - mothership808 - Engineer
  • Main - Aad - Scout
Post (should include all of the following if applicable)
  • Whether you want to main or substitute
  • What you are aiming for this season (playoffs, going even [4-4], etc)
  • What days you plan to scrim
  • Voice service (Mumble/Discord)
  • Player link/past competitive experience
  • Steam profile link for contact
My example post would look like:

Open - "Pendulum2342" - Soldier
Quote: Wrote:Hello, I am looking for a new Highlander team to compete in RGL Open this upcoming season. I am looking to play on an open team that can make playoffs. I can make scrimmages on the weekends on Saturday/Sunday 8:30 & 9:30pm eastern including the pregame @ 8:30pm eastern on Mondays. I also have Mumble for comms, but can use Discord if needed.

Competitive Experience:
S1 RGL HL - Open - [size=medium]Show 'em the Pine (3-4)
S5 RGL Prolander - Open - Testing Team (2-5)

If you are interested, contact me here for tryouts: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/11111111111111

What Division should I apply for?

Open
The open division is open to players with experience levels from Steel to people who are completely new to the competitive scene.

Intermediate
Intermediate is recommended for players who are decently experienced with a couple of seasons of competitive played and the basics down. Skill range of UGC Low-Silver

Main
Main is recommended for players who the following experience levels. Skill range of UGC Mid-Silver. Players here are moderately experienced and are on the road of being able to play in Advanced and Invite.

Advanced
Advanced is recommended for players who have a lot of experience. Skill range of UGC High-Silver.

Invite
You should have Platinum level experience to join this division. Players here are considered to be the best that Highlander has to offer.

To find division specific posts only, use the prefix search tool located at the bottom of the sub-forum.
[Image: YFxDCC6.png]

Then select the division you wish for posts to show from that division only.
[Image: bsCB8Nk.png]
Engineer.tf

Reminder that I am just the Forums guy, and my opinions do not reflect that of the Head Admins.
  • Fixed users not being able to delete their own threads
  • Fixed users not being able to delete their own posts
Engineer.tf

Reminder that I am just the Forums guy, and my opinions do not reflect that of the Head Admins.
Added new LFT and LFP specific forum rules. These rules are posted at the top of all of the recruitment forums and will be shown when you create replies as well.

[Image: 6BAqmav.png]
Engineer.tf

Changed the Open prefix to Amateur
Engineer.tf

added new feature that will auto-lock threads after 30 days. This is to prevent Necro'ing old threads that have become more of an issue as of late.
Engineer.tf

(06-03-2020, 05:16 PM)Mothership Wrote: added new feature that will auto-lock threads after 30 days. This is to prevent Necro'ing old threads that have become more of an issue as of late.

can this not apply to the lft section for people that want to bump their own threads
(06-08-2020, 03:43 PM)High Impact Dolphin Wrote:
(06-03-2020, 05:16 PM)Mothership Wrote: added new feature that will auto-lock threads after 30 days. This is to prevent Necro'ing old threads that have become more of an issue as of late.

can this not apply to the lft section for people that want to bump their own threads

if you're lft for a month straight with no offers I think that just means no one wants you ngl.
for lft maybe, but for lfp I would rather keep one post over having to make a new one every season when I need a demoman
Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

why is that so bad
as long as its relevant and not some random commenting something stupid on a post from 2 years ago
(06-08-2020, 04:55 PM)Jimbob Doohicky Wrote:
(06-08-2020, 03:43 PM)High Impact Dolphin Wrote:

if you're lft for a month straight with no offers I think that just means no one wants you ngl.

i mean something closer to if one wants to bump their thread from last season for this season, or if one goes lft midseason
I have changed the auto-locking to only happen in some of the forums instead of all of them:

General
predictions
the LFT forums
Off-topic
the landfill
Requests

(06-08-2020, 06:00 PM)saturation Wrote:

why is that so bad
as long as its relevant and not some random commenting something stupid on a post from 2 years ago

Someone did this recently with a 6 month old lft for a player that had quit the game.

(06-08-2020, 05:12 PM)Pain Seer Wrote: for lft maybe, but for lfp I would rather keep one post over having to make a new one every season when I need a demoman

This is something I can understand, and have changed.
Engineer.tf

• Fixed Twitch.tv player on forum front page sidebar 
Disabled the auto-locking of old threads.
Engineer.tf

Old Forum Rule
[Image: MOiaqA8.png]

New Forum Rule
[Image: HrIAmkg.png]
Engineer.tf

Updated Rule: No Flaming

Previously:
[Image: HUJ0bOH.png]
is now:
[Image: VJUYept.png]

I added in the "No Racial Slurs" part of the rule. This was made in an effort to make it more evident that Racial Slurs are not allowed on this, or any RGL platform.

New Rule:
[Image: yjUknP4.png]

This was something we were already doing in regards to forum bans. We are adding it to the official Forum rules to make this practice more evident.
Engineer.tf

No Flaming rule has been updated:

No Flaming
This means comments made to incite a negative response from others. This will include, but is not restricted to, derogatory or discriminatory comments, racial slurs, or comments made in an effort to bully others or cause a fight. This including posting content of others using such language.

Added the last sentence "This including posting content of others using such language." to make it even more evident that racial slurs are not allowed on this, or any RGL platform.
Engineer.tf