• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HLpugs.tf Discussion
06:50 PM DZCreeper: the fuck is this being nice to low tier players BS. I thought this site was for bullying minorities.
ok feel free to say if this is already a thing or if its a dumb idea but what if:

updated the medals so it stops showing ugc medals and shows rgl ones
lets people set their main class (so if people dont know what class u main they can easily see)

so that gives everyone easy ways to see up to date info on what they play and what div they play
plug walk
police it like rgl is.
- make being racist a warning then bannable offence
- make throwing not allowed when i made a pug group i disallowed everything that i couldn't see being used except to throw (huntsman, demo shields), though i dont expect this

idk i can't think of any other rules i should read the ones already there, but the point is ACTUALLY enforce them.
pugs died when people were getting banned for throwing and being racist, maybe that's because the pugs were full of racist shitheads who throw. i say let those pugs die.

if this shit isn't in place/not enforced and you idiots are still complaining that nobody wants to play these pugs then you're fools.
When I played there, my issue was invite players who would randomly throw or go emo that had no consequences after. They would just do the same things again and keep getting picked by friends each time. I hate the mentality of players who either want to win without having to try (while shit talking) or just throw if they think they'll lose before the game starts. The community is tiny so it's hard to ban players without impacting the player pools but they're also hurting it. It'd be nice to actually enforce rules even if they're your "friends"
Why isn't HLPugs associated with RGL anymore? It's not on the social tab anymore.
KANE
(03-07-2019, 07:04 PM)firepow Wrote: Why isn't HLPugs associated with RGL anymore? It's not on the social tab anymore.

clutter. http://rgl.gg/ at the bottom

(03-07-2019, 06:52 PM)ellie Wrote: police it like rgl is.
- make being racist a warning then bannable offence
- make throwing not allowed when i made a pug group i disallowed everything that i couldn't see being used except to throw (huntsman, demo shields), though i dont expect this

idk i can't think of any other rules i should read the ones already there, but the point is ACTUALLY enforce them.
pugs died when people were getting banned for throwing and being racist, maybe that's because the pugs were full of racist shitheads who throw. i say let those pugs die.

if this shit isn't in place/not enforced and you idiots are still complaining that nobody wants to play these pugs then you're fools.

BOTH of those things were done, and hlpugs was dead for a month. this was done repeatedly. None of the so called "non-toxic" players showed up to use the completely dead site.
(03-07-2019, 06:51 PM)cloud Wrote: ok feel free to say if this is already a thing or if its a dumb idea but what if:

updated the medals so it stops showing ugc medals and shows rgl ones
lets people set their main class (so if people dont know what class u main they can easily see)

so that gives everyone easy ways to see up to date info on what they play and what div they play

and don't show my steel 4s medal it just ends up making me look worse than no medals Sad
well i had no idea that people were getting banned, i don't frequent hlpugs because it's terrible. i personally wouldn't care if these terrible pugs died because the losers were banned. good riddance.

alternatively, if the pugs die and you would rather shitty throw pugs than no pugs, that's fine, more power to you. stop being a fucking clown and wondering why people aren't adding up.
Playing med with invite players and trying to win a pug was some of the best pugging experiences I have had. I make a mistake, I get told what to fix in a not "fuck you retard why are you so shit at medic" way, and I work on it, and it has made me a better player. However when throw pugs happen, any sense of learning or satisfaction of a pug is now gone. On the subject of captaining, I have been playing pugs to try and get captain, I would love to bring over the notorious burger pugs captain :MicahCaptain:. My biggest worry is people having a throwing mentality because an advanced player is captaining. I'm not one to make arguments for or against anything, but I think the pugs where people try are some of the best you can get, but the constant throw pugs is the biggest turn off for me. I'm not the best with coming up for solutions, especially with how I am rn, but I figured I would throw in my 2 cents.
The world’s gone and got itself in a big damn hurry. I don’t like it here. I’m tired of being afraid all the time. I’ve decided not to stay.
I don't know if anything significant has happened since the last major thread about inhouses killing hlpugs because the lower div players weren't adding up, but the problem back than was really that there wasn't a reason for the lower div players to add up to hlpugs when they were enjoying inhouses.

There isn't much demand from lower div players to use the site, and it seems to me like the only people who complain about lower div people not adding up are people who would be adding up regardless. In order for those people to get what they want, some change needs to be made in order to entice more lower div people to use the site. I don't have an answer for how someone would go about that, and I don't see why it needs to change to include lower div people who are already playing inhouses.

I can't really speak for improving pug quality, but instead of straight up banning people you could just tag them with report counts if people are complaining about them. Something along the lines of hovering over their name and seeing a reputation of some kind.
(03-07-2019, 07:38 PM)ellie Wrote: well i had no idea that people were getting banned, i don't frequent hlpugs because it's terrible. i personally wouldn't care if these terrible pugs died because the losers were banned. good riddance.

alternatively, if the pugs die and you would rather shitty throw pugs than no pugs, that's fine, more power to you. stop being a fucking clown and wondering why people aren't adding up.

I'm really sorry but I don't think you understand the problems here. You are also digging for reason after reason instead of addressing the issues. The site was fixed for "low level" players, ie ban bad actors & enforce rules, and they still shit on it for having an Invite presence.

The point here is get a bunch of low level players together and have low level pugs instead of fragmenting the community. NOT throw invite players into low level pugs.

Unfortunately this concept is flying over a lot of peoples' heads.

(03-07-2019, 07:49 PM)Rawk Hawk Wrote: I don't know if anything significant has happened since the last major thread about inhouses killing hlpugs because the lower div players weren't adding up, but the problem back than was really that there wasn't a reason for the lower div players to add up to hlpugs when they were enjoying inhouses.

There isn't much demand from lower div players to use the site, and it seems to me like the only people who complain about lower div people not adding up are people who would be adding up regardless. In order for those people to get what they want, some change needs to be made in order to entice more lower div people to use the site. I don't have an answer for how someone would go about that, and I don't see why it needs to change to include lower div people who are already playing inhouses.

I can't really speak for improving pug quality, but instead of straight up banning people you could just tag them with report counts if people are complaining about them. Something along the lines of hovering over their name and seeing a reputation of some kind.

The "fix" lower level players are seeking is a sand box environment where they only play with people in their division, even if the players in the division actually belong 1-2 divisions above their own.
I just don't see what needs to be fixed when people are already satisfied playing the pugs elsewhere. Why should they be adding up if inhouses are providing a similar or better experience to them? I just don't understand the situation well enough because I don't pug outside of occasional 6s inhouses.

Who is upset? Why are they upset? What needs to change so they aren't upset anymore?

To me it seems like the people playing inhouses aren't upset because they're playing pugs and enjoying them, so I'm not sure if it seems correct to make this discussion about them unless you are looking to make some change specifically for them, but you've already mentioned how changes that are targeted towards getting lower level players to add up aren't yielding significant results, or make the site more dead. Not to mention the fact that they don't need the site to have pugs going, which is evidential of inhouses being increasingly more active.

Why not cater to the audience currently using hlpugs and make the experience for those players who actually want to play on hlpugs better?
(03-07-2019, 07:38 PM)ellie Wrote: well i had no idea that people were getting banned, i don't frequent hlpugs because it's terrible. i personally wouldn't care if these terrible pugs died because the losers were banned. good riddance.

you realize the question is how to make hlpugs better instead of killing hlpugs? if you don't have experience playing on hlpugs.... why are you giving ways to improve it without having any context on what any of the issues are or how your proposed solutions would impact the site?

also if you are an advanced or below player you should not be captaining pugs that are invite level. if you aren't familiar with the skill of the players you're with, you cannot expect the pug to be somewhat enjoyable. same goes for invite players, don't captain pugs below invite because invite players don't know anything about advanced players. i don't know why i have to even bring this up, captains should only be players familiar with the general skill level added up.
get dm on servers
tbh i would be more than happy to captain if there was a dedicated "B-pugs" section of the site, because there wouldnt be invite players there to ruin the fun for everyone. The fact is that there are going to be invite players, and I could either pick the wholesome main/adv players that I want to play with and get rolled by the other captain with all the invite players, OR I could pick the invite players that just want to throw and have an unhappy experience. I feel like if there was a b pug section that only lower level players could play, that would be a good idea which would have players be more active (for example, I know I would play those and I feel like many more people would be willing to play those) (also on the aad thing about banning the toxic players but there being no more pugs, I had no idea that happened and I think many people didnt)
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
u guys are writing nerd essays all ppl gotta do is stop trollin
leonard tf2
I'm not sure how to fix trolling in pugs, but IMO tossing up a new pug group every other week just doesn't seem like an effective solution to me. New groups at this point seem to mostly just divide players, making it harder to fill pugs and subsequently lowering the amount of time we actually spend pugging. People who troll eventually find their way into the new pug groups anyways. And, just like trolling in and of itself, banning everybody who trolls tends to kill pugs as well. Perhaps we could have better pugs if there were more incentives for playing seriously. Maybe priority picking for those who play seriously?
the other one
(03-07-2019, 09:40 PM)lenn Wrote: u guys are writing nerd essays all ppl gotta do is stop trollin

I have a nerd essay on another tab, do i hit enter or not?
(03-07-2019, 09:53 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 09:40 PM)lenn Wrote: u guys are writing nerd essays all ppl gotta do is stop trollin

I have a nerd essay on another tab, do i hit enter or not?
go for it
leonard tf2
(03-07-2019, 08:36 PM)spu Wrote: also if you are an advanced or below player you should not be captaining pugs that are invite level. if you aren't familiar with the skill of the players you're with, you cannot expect the pug to be somewhat enjoyable. same goes for invite players, don't captain pugs below invite because invite players don't know anything about advanced players. i don't know why i have to even bring this up, captains should only be players familiar with the general skill level added up.

Assuming that advanced players know nothing about invite and invite players is silly. Being in a certain division doesn't mean you can't be knowledgeable of other divisions and their players. Especially with official RGL casts of invite matches every week, aswell as non official casts of advanced matches. I think it's ridiculous to assume advanced players know nothing about invite players and the level they play at. Yes, I agree that if an advanced player is totally clueless, or if they intend to play a high impact class like demo or sniper against actual invite level high impact classes for their own selfish intentions instead of trying to have a good pug, they shouldn't captain. However I still think there are multiple advanced players who can captain without creating bad pugs.
The world’s gone and got itself in a big damn hurry. I don’t like it here. I’m tired of being afraid all the time. I’ve decided not to stay.