• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
HLpugs.tf Discussion
I want this to be a discussion on what you would do to make the website better if you had the power to. There are features I personally would like to see implemented but work on the website has completely halted afaik, so keep your discussion and ideas to only be captured by the scope of what the website can CURRENTLY do.

Personally I want to wipe the captains entirely and give captain to a handful of invite and advanced players, players that I know are here to play and want to win and learn.

[Image: 4d2e71117b.png]
don't move my posts out of context lol
(03-07-2019, 05:16 PM)saturation Wrote: make a pug every once in a while that caters to advanced/main players
they have to be picked first or something idk how it would work
you cant complain that main/advanced players dont add up when the site is catered towards invite players(i dont think thats a bad thing its just the way pugs work)
thats why i like playing pug pugs, since its meant for main/advanced and below players, which is where i am.

also its not fun that every time i get picked its on heavy or pyro even though my main is soldier, since if i want to play i have to add up to low impact classes, as im not gonna get picked on soldier unless theres exactly 18 as captains will always pick better players than me for it
again thats not something that is necessarily wrong, its just a reason why i dont always play hlpugs

grab 18 of your best buds, get whoever captain, add up and pug. The logic to this is so simple that if I didn't have actual work to do I'd grab the bots from my Main team and a few friends to go have a pug. You don't HAVE to pick any Invite player added up, you just need all 18 of your buddies in one mumble and only pick your buddies and tada you got your pug.
(03-07-2019, 05:16 PM)saturation Wrote: make a pug every once in a while that caters to advanced/main players
you cant complain that main/advanced players dont add up when the site is catered towards invite players(i dont think thats a bad thing its just the way pugs work)
thats why i like playing pug pugs, since its meant for main/advanced and below players, which is where i am.

also its not fun that every time i get picked its on heavy or pyro even though my main is soldier, since if i want to play i have to add up to low impact classes, as im not gonna get picked on soldier unless theres exactly 18 as captains will always pick better players than me for it
again thats not something that is necessarily wrong, its just a reason why i dont always play hlpugs

talk about wanting to get spoon fed by invite players/ admins that barely know you lol.
(03-07-2019, 06:18 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:

grab 18 of your best buds, get whoever captain, add up and pug. The logic to this is so simple that if I didn't have actual work to do I'd grab the bots from my Main team and a few friends to go have a pug. You don't HAVE to pick any Invite player added up, you just need all 18 of your buddies in one mumble and only pick your buddies and tada you got your pug.

easier said than done. also no friends Sad
please add up
all we need is 9 more
this thread should literally just be about the toxic mentality of NA puggers bruh. like if u wanna pub with ur friends then go pub with ur friends fam, dont drag me into ur aids fest because u got bored or whatever the fuck
(03-07-2019, 05:41 PM)ellie Wrote: i said this last time people were bitching about how people prefer inhouses to hlpugs. if pug pugs had a hlpugs website where they could host pugs that would be great, but the only reason those pugs are any good is because the dickhead "good players" aren't there to fuck around and ruin the game. pug pugs are fun, and not because they don't allow high level players but because, by doing so, they eliminate all the assholes that make pugs not fun.

idk how many different times reasonably sensible people warned on the ugc forums of high level hl players turning into egotistical dickheads. i'm not talking to everyone, but good lord you people are horrible to be around.

This is the same attitude that gave birth to the plat circle jerk, and now there is an Adv- circle jerk. I am unable to discern the difference here.

This is a player mentality issue above a service issue. Similar to refusing to get moved up a division even though your team is stacked, etc.
(03-07-2019, 06:20 PM)nyxi Wrote:

talk about wanting to get spoon fed by invite players/ admins that barely know you lol.

i mean im happy to continue playing pug pugs and every once in a while add up to hlpugs. im offering suggestions for getting more main and advanced players to add up
my exp with hlpugs has been absolutely awful. Like 3 of my last pugs were we go up 2-0, and then people decide its time to start throwing like 3 man saccing every time they spawn for no reason and getting nothing, whatever. The throwing part isn't what bothers me though. Its the fact that when they throw and we get reverse rolled 3-2, they get absolutely heated. In my experience at least, I've gotten bm'd out of my mind for dropping or something when i had like 4 sub 200 dpm players on product that were just throwing. The worst part is most of the bm was coming from the throwers. I just find hlpugs overall unfun, toxic, and everyone just throws. Thats why I prefer in houses at least.
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
stop going friendly mode and make bowl stop being autistic because literally any other player would have been banned by now if they weren't friends with you
(03-07-2019, 06:23 PM)spu Wrote: stop going friendly mode and make bowl stop being autistic because literally any other player would have been banned by now if they weren't friends with you

accurate edit: i wouldnt be against a captain wipe or whatever, you should also have some actual form of requirement for a capt rather than just pugs played, so you dont have to crestrict someone every other night
(03-07-2019, 06:22 PM)saturation Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 06:20 PM)nyxi Wrote:

i mean im happy to continue playing pug pugs and every once in a while add up to hlpugs. im offering suggestions for getting more main and advanced players to add up

you guys are the ones complaining main/adv players never add up...
(03-07-2019, 06:20 PM)Jimbob Doohicky Wrote:

Not really easier said than done. I've ran in-house pugs for multiple seasons way back in steel/silver with ~20-30 ppl on average. It's not hard organizing a pug. If I had this service, I would've used it because as a developer I don't believe in recreating something that's already been done, especially if it's better than manual or a thrown together bot

i once tried to get all the players that were in burger pugs to add up to hlpugs, a bunch had sign in issues and other dumb shit, and only half of them ended up adding and pugs died. that wouldnt have been a problem if people werent braindead, but its still just easier to just to pugs in inhouse once you have 18 players
(03-07-2019, 06:27 PM)Jimbob Doohicky Wrote: you guys are the ones complaining main/adv players never add up...

you expect admins/inv players to spoon feed yall because a few players made you angry? what about the invite players who want to get better that have to pug with the players who throw? if they add to burger pugs its a farm and if they add to hlpugs its a throw
(03-07-2019, 06:28 PM)saturation Wrote: a bunch had sign in issues and other dumb shit

Site issues can be fixed.

(03-07-2019, 06:28 PM)saturation Wrote: only half of them ended up adding and pugs died. that wouldnt have been a problem if people werent braindead, but its still just easier to just to pugs in inhouse once you have 18 players
Yes you're right it can be easier to just hop in and get picking and going, but that doesn't solve people forced onto classes they don't want to play etc.

This comment has been one of the constructive comments on HLPugs so far

(03-07-2019, 06:22 PM)fruitcup Wrote: my exp with hlpugs has been absolutely awful. Like 3 of my last pugs were we go up 2-0, and then people decide its time to start throwing like 3 man saccing every time they spawn for no reason and getting nothing, whatever. The throwing part isn't what bothers me though. Its the fact that when they throw and we get reverse rolled 3-2, they get absolutely heated. In my experience at least, I've gotten bm'd out of my mind for dropping or something when i had like 4 sub 200 dpm players on product that were just throwing. The worst part is most of the bm was coming from the throwers. I just find hlpugs overall unfun, toxic, and everyone just throws. Thats why I prefer in houses at least.

This I can agree with, it's also why many Invite players straight up stopped pugging. You need the players that will outweigh the bad actors, and fat kid the bad actors. They will get with the shit and try again.
(03-07-2019, 06:32 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 06:28 PM)saturation Wrote: a bunch had sign in issues and other dumb shit

Site issues can be fixed.

(03-07-2019, 06:28 PM)saturation Wrote: only half of them ended up adding and pugs died. that wouldnt have been a problem if people werent braindead, but its still just easier to just to pugs in inhouse once you have 18 players
Yes you're right it can be easier to just hop in and get picking and going, but that doesn't solve people forced onto classes they don't want to play etc.

This comment has been one of the constructive comments on HLPugs so far

(03-07-2019, 06:22 PM)fruitcup Wrote: my exp with hlpugs has been absolutely awful. Like 3 of my last pugs were we go up 2-0, and then people decide its time to start throwing like 3 man saccing every time they spawn for no reason and getting nothing, whatever. The throwing part isn't what bothers me though. Its the fact that when they throw and we get reverse rolled 3-2, they get absolutely heated. In my experience at least, I've gotten bm'd out of my mind for dropping or something when i had like 4 sub 200 dpm players on product that were just throwing. The worst part is most of the bm was coming from the throwers. I just find hlpugs overall unfun, toxic, and everyone just throws. Thats why I prefer in houses at least.

This I can agree with, it's also why many Invite players straight up stopped pugging. You need the players that will outweigh the bad actors, and fat kid the bad actors. They will get with the shit and try again.

like as a medic main (and medic is usually why pugs take so long to start) it is just painful to play when everyone throws for no reason. Also, since you have the most noticeable mistake (dropping), people get absolutely heated when it happens. I do not see the point of playing if the goal is just to make you feel worse. I'm not getting better by playing with players that are throwing and there's a lot of potential for me to just be unhappy while playing pugs. I don't see the point in playing unless theres like a toxicity reform (but last time u tried that it killed pugs for a month apparently)
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
Damn bro I'm not home for 2 hours and the forums are active. At this point people just need to add up but I totally get why they dont, because most of their experiences are all the epic funny troll pugs that are really cool and fun to play.
plug walk
(03-07-2019, 06:27 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(03-07-2019, 06:20 PM)Jimbob Doohicky Wrote:

Not really easier said than done. I've ran in-house pugs for multiple seasons way back in steel/silver with ~20-30 ppl on average. It's not hard organizing a pug. If I had this service, I would've used it because as a developer I don't believe in recreating something that's already been done, especially if it's better than manual or a thrown together bot
yes easier said than done. i dont have 18 basement dwellers at the ready 24/7 whenever i wanna play HL. if you do though, feel free to go ahead. im added up and im ready.