• 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
PL Vigil
Hi all,

Many of you may already know of my map PL Vigil (currently version RC5), however I thought that I should post a thread about it here. I am still thinking about different changes that I could make to the map, and going forward, if anyone has any feedback on it, feel free to post it here.

A quick description of the map from my perspective: Vigil is a map where aggressive play is encouraged on both BLU and RED. It's often a fast-paced map, with focuses on allowing all classes to be able to contribute to their team's push or hold. Due to the fast-paced nature of it, transitions are highly important, and getting a good hold on any of the points can make the difference between winning and losing. Also there are ducks on the map. And the ducks randomise.

[Image: YmMsIbI.jpg]

Relevant Map Links:
TF2Maps (includes download link): https://tf2maps.net/downloads/vigil.1232/
Steam Workshop: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1266210012
vigil is a great map and i hope it is in next season Smile
plug walk
ducks????
in s25 i spent hours trying to find all the ducks and now you tell me they fucking randomize???
hh brother
Vigil is a very good map and should replace a current pl in rotation
the only thing i could possibly recommend is to lower the skybox on 1st, other than that you have made a great map that should have been in rotation this season, and should be in next season
Who Tf gave me two stars -duck 
I have had fun experiences playing on this map when it was in the rotation. I personally don't have any criticisms or feedback to help improve the map, but I can look at it again during the offseason.

Regardless, this map is an option for S3.
I love vigil map and enjoy playing on it.
Does anyone have anything against this map, and, if so what are the critiques?
Dad
The Godfather#7716
(03-11-2019, 05:12 PM)FATHER | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: I love vigil map and enjoy playing on it.
Does anyone have anything against this map, and, if so what are the critiques?

Less of a complaint and more of a caveat - I think the first 3 points all play extremely similarly to upward to the point that I have a hard time seeing vigil as anything other than a budget upward with a different last. It's otherwise a fine map, but it doesn't have a distinctive enough playstyle like swift/borneo do and that makes it difficult for me to support it as a permanent addition to the map pool, considering that so many of its merits are shared with another map's.

I think Vigil rotating with Borneo (or even Upward on occasion) every other season would be a best-case scenario.
Borneo sucks and it is by far the worst map in the pool currently.
I thought vigil was a fine map. I think it will be a good replacement to borneo
Vigil > borneo and swiftwater change either
leonard tf2
(03-11-2019, 10:53 PM)SpotlightR Wrote: Borneo sucks and it is by far the worst map in the pool currently.

u forgot that swiftwater is still in the roto brother
hh brother
I like vigil. not sure if this is the right place to report bugs but there's a spot on second where you can get stickies in the ground through a part of the displacement and they still damage people on top. https://youtu.be/cLLnm-OAB9Q
(04-20-2019, 04:20 PM)Joey Lemons Wrote: I like vigil. not sure if this is the right place to report bugs but there's a spot on second where you can get stickies in the ground through a part of the displacement and they still damage people on top. https://youtu.be/cLLnm-OAB9Q

Thanks, I'll be sure to fix that for the next release.
this is my favorite map ever
I will say that this is my favorite payload map in the game. (take that as you will)
i had a lot of fun
plug walk
this is easily the most enjoyable payload map to play, aggressive and fast, plus it gives you something to do while you're waiting for the other team's 9th to get in the server for 30 minutes by letting you look for ducks

please, map maker, tell me where all the ducks are, i haven't found a new duck in the last 2 scrims on this map, i'm scared i have found them all
hh brother
This exp cup was the first time I've ever touched the map, and tbh I'm not a fan of it. Maybe part of it is how badly we got rolled on it, I'll admit that perhaps part of my view is clouded from that. I think the map has too many different routes that really don't add anything other than just adding the amount of floor space the map has, and I think the map plays out way to quickly. Perhaps I'm in a minority, but I much rather play on a PL map that favors a more lengthy game, similar to how borneo/swiftwater play out sometimes. I don't think its necessarily a bad map, but I would rather not see it get played in the league.

though credit for the ducks, spent a good hour finding different duck spots
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the Open team - team