• 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Main The Garage Band S3 LFP: Scout, Pyro, Medic, Engineer & SUBS
The Garage Band is ready to rock and is back for season 3!
After placing 4th in IM last season, successfully completing our Season 2 goal of making IM semi-finals, we are now ready to make the transition into main.

We are currently looking for:
Mains: Scout, Pyro, Medic, Engineer
Tryouts will begin: Friday April 5
Subs: Any classes (more info will be posted below)

A little about The Garage Band:
The garage band began rocking S25 of UGC steel Highlander under the name NBC’s The Office, this season was concluded when we lost in the first round of playoffs. After S25 of UGC, we decided to transition to RGL, this time under our current name The Garage Band. In S1 of RGL open Highlander, we managed to place 3rd – what an underdog story. Around this time, we started to realize what a fantastic community The Garage Band was beginning to form, and we collectively decided that by S3 we wanted to be playing in RGL main, a statement which was scoffed at by some. Moving into s2 IM with our heads held high we set a team goal of making semi-finals, a feat we can proudly say was reached, s2 was concluded with a fourth-place finish. After such an excellent season we are now ready to emerge into the Main division.

Mission Statement:
-We play video games to have fun, we play competitive to put our skills to use, why not do both at the same time.

The Garage Band firmly believes that a team can be competitively viable, and be a fun place to hang around. This is what I aim for as a leader.
Contributing to a positive competitive TF2 environment is something we really pride ourselves in.

Team objectives for Season 3:
-We want to grow as a team as opposed to being a stepping stone to other divs.
-To make playoffs in Main.

Our current Roster:
Scout: 
Soldier: Hoekstra
Pyro:
Demoman: Joey
Heavy: Exquizit
Engineer:
Medic:Ice???
Sniper: Smitleyjd
Spy: McFly

A little about myself:
Hey, I’m Hoekstra, the soldier and co-team leader/founder of The Garage Band. I have been playing TF2 since I purchased The Orange Box in early June 2011. I remember buying The Orange Box for Portal but instantly being consumed by the thrill TF2 brought. Over the next 7-8 years, I accumulated around 4000 hours on TF2 and spent way too much money on virtual items. My Highlander career started in S13 UGC, and the next few summer seasons to follow (S16, S19). All in all, I have 6 seasons of maining soldier/leading teams in Highlander. Outside of TF2, I am currently in the second year of my Bachler’s for Petroleum Engineering.

For players interested in trying out for a spot:
-We favour players willing to learn and grow over players with just pure skill
What we expect from you:
-A positive attitude with a willingness to give and receive constructive criticism
What you can expect from us:
-A welcoming and positive environment with a reliable, constant schedule
-A willingness to grow and learn as a team

Contact me at: Discord:@182.Hoekstra#9029 (My preferred contact method)
or
Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045358108/

As mentioned above, tryouts will begin: Friday April 5

The Garage Band also currently has teams in MM sixes, Prolander and, UGC 6’s, so any mains will be welcome to help those teams moving forward as well. (Not a requirement)

For players interested in Subbing:
We can't guarantee any amounts of playtime, but we can guarantee an RGL Main badge ?
-Just be cool and not a bot and your good
Its fucking huge
(03-20-2019, 02:06 AM)mono Wrote: Its fucking huge

Types >500 word recruitment post for video game whilst having 3+ assignments due the next day

Shows my dedication  LOL
very
Fat
gl in main my dude Smile
(03-21-2019, 01:55 PM)Jarrett Wrote: gl in main my dude Smile

Thanks man, love the positive attitude!
Hope your day to day is going good! Smile
im p sure smitley jd is NUTS
DEAD autumn :  why are you a butt ugly indian kid

get bmed idiot
(03-22-2019, 05:55 PM)Jebus Wrote: im p sure smitley jd is NUTS

SmitleyJD is not only the nuttiest sniper I know, but he also happens to be one hell of a guy.
unironically some of the chillest dudes i know, great group who want to improve
(03-23-2019, 03:58 PM)kev Wrote: unironically some of the chillest dudes i know, great group who want to improve

Thanks Kev!

We should game some time, been a while.
Smile Smile Smile
can i play heavy
rang for garage band during s2 of IM last year, really chill teammates dedicated to helping each other improve. very welcoming environment.
(03-27-2019, 04:44 PM)agb Wrote: rang for garage band during s2 of IM last year, really chill teammates dedicated to helping each other improve. very welcoming environment.

Thanks man!

You're a pretty chill guy Wink Wink Heart Heart
Bump: Updated post
Hello Hoekstra,
I am very much interested in trying out for the scout position on your roster. I have a plethora of time on scout and I believe I will be a powerful asset to the team environment. However, you do not list your email in the original thread, but here is my email, cannonj35@gmail.com, for you to contact me. I'd like to meet face-to-face in order to further discuss the position.
Thank you,
SakuJake
Dear SakuJake,

I apologize for the inconvenience resulting from the lack of my email in the original thread. I hope you have received my email, in the event you have not, I can be reached at spiderman@hotmail.com. I would be willing to cover accommodations necessary for the face-to-face interview.

Sincerly,
Hoekstra
Bump!
Hey, I sent you a friend request on Discord so we can talk about that open Engineer slot on your roster.
This guy is pretty awesome ^ Engi spot may be taken