• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Proposed sniper changes
yo wrangler / engi hella annoying can we do 8v8 just remove engi ? lol
(04-02-2019, 05:17 PM)rain Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 03:17 PM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Apologies for potentially derailing this thread, but I do wonder how an 8v8 no sniper pilot league would be. :thinking:

i really dont like any of the classes, how about a 0v0 league?

You are hilarious rain. Everybody thinks you are funny.
(04-02-2019, 06:52 PM)pajaro Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 05:17 PM)rain Wrote:
(04-02-2019, 03:17 PM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Apologies for potentially derailing this thread, but I do wonder how an 8v8 no sniper pilot league would be. :thinking:

i really dont like any of the classes, how about a 0v0 league?

You are hilarious rain. Everybody thinks you are funny.

[Image: 8d6.jpg]
yall got me WHEEZIN
plug walk
full charge does 125 damage, if you unscope you get a movement debuff and bring back jump cancel
remove the sniper rifle
replace smg with a single handed gun
replace all his melees with a monkey wrench and a robot are because why not\
change his nationality from New Zealand to Texas Ranger man
let him build turrets like torb from overwatch
give him a hard hat to that would be coool
I love my wife

Team history
Jerma is my dad
exa is on to something here.
I swear im not terrible.
just dont die lol
You felt something warm inside your heart.
I HATE it when snipers shoot me, why are they allowed to do that??? :(

I think the proposed changes make sniper less brain actually.

Everyone would only hardscope for that SICK 175. Or at least I would. lol
Sniper v sniper battles would be dumber and completely uneven in the favor of whoever already has an angle, since this would bring quickscoping in svs to the point of almost complete irrelevance. Even if you min cooldown headshot a sniper twice, there's no way he dies with the medibeam on him. When it takes 50 seconds to scope again, it'll take *at least* 3 min cooldown quickscopes to kill a sniper while he can sit there and know he's in no danger whatsoever, assuming he started buffed, which they generally do. Better hope he sucks... even if he only hits the bodyshot during your speed-of-smell movement while scoped and 5-second scoping up for the ***quick***scope, you're at a phat 10hp and your team now waits 10 more seconds for you to get back to 185 so you can try again, while the other team sits by their sniper and spychecks.

Even if you do end up somehow landing 2 quickscopes before you get bodyshot once, you don't even kill the other sniper. He just walks out of the sightline.
save me
wahh i peak snipers and die wahh nerf him ner f hi m!11!!
One of my older proposed solutions was to allow scope charge to decrease on damage taken. That, combined with some tweaks, wouldn't take away from the class itself but would allow retreaters and pushers the chance to live on a push, albeit at low hp. It's definitely a safe nerf to the class, but doesn't solve a few issues.
just make the sniper fat lol or make him a sentry gun where damage falloff doesn't apply to him

discussing balance changes r dumb tho
discussing balance changes when valve wont update the game again lol
"balance change" threads like these are misplaced optimism at best and straight up delusion at worst. spu and wish are pretty much right. its so draining to talk about this kinda stuff bc we know it isnt gonna make a difference in the long run. why bother having the conversation in the first place? seems like a waste of time.

that being said, 8v8 no sniper pls : D