• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on Original Viaduct
No Restriction Sixes just had the koth_viaduct week played.

This is the original viaduct, not the pro version.

Now that people have had a chance to scrim on it and play matches on it. What are your thoughts?

Outside the known issues of asymmetry on the map.

Did you like it? If you liked not having a connector, why? If you missed it, why? etc...
god the sightlines are so bad on this map you can see the whole map without leaving the bridge/china

having no connector did make it easier to fight point from concrete side and have things like a sentry gun that was harder to spam out compared to actually having a connector

i heard like one or two people complain about fps on the map though due to the snow
hello! dont add me for forum issues, use PM instead
Let’s just say there is a reason why a pro version exists
I will always be a pyro main <3
(04-04-2019, 12:36 PM)Arzt Hispanian Wrote: Let’s just say there is a reason why a pro version exists

We're not looking for quips, we're looking for details.

What are the reasons do you think the pro version needs to exist?
What fixes in the pro version do you think need to be in the original?
(04-04-2019, 12:21 PM)rain Wrote: i heard like one or two people complain about fps on the map though due to the snow

I'd be curious to see benchmarks for fps comparing snowy viaduct to the grassy product version.
If you do some parkour to get on the fence u can see grass from cliff

China is way too powerful, the lack of a full fence gives sniper way too much vision
I actually prefer it over the pro version. I find that without that connector, its much less of a chaotic feeling map. From what i found, concrete was able to be kind of held, both when your pushing and when your holding, i feel that it gives another option to approach the map from. Sightlines though are awful, and there us quite a bit if extra clutter that we often found weird traps being placed in. Flanking was a bit more difficult though, since connector was missing. We often had to rely on either a sniper pick or a nuts soldier bomb to really break any hold. Overall i enjoy it more than product, but i think product is more refined and balanced for every class, at least moreso than viaduct.
Inspired — Whenever Pain Seer becomes untapped, reveal the top card of your library and put that card into your hand. You lose life equal to that card's converted mana cost.

Heavy main for the IM team - team
All of the little gaps on China aren't needed

Snipers can control the whole map from China

No connector restricts the flank from doing basically anything

The map got a pro version for a reason, I'm down with no restrict 6s I think it's pretty cool, but why bring back maps nobody wanted to play, when maps exist that people actually want to play
* Rock that leads to cliff on Red is harder to climb then Blue's.

* Sniper is stupid on the UNnerfed China; on this, it basically forces you to kill him before being able to do anything.

* People were complaining about FPS, i didn't have a problem since i play on a computer and not a potato, but w/e, still an issue.

* The closing of Connector didn't do much. We still played Cliff/Pocket. All it did was make it so we couldn't be flanked when we had point control, forcing fights on point.
- Love the snow theme
- China being wide open is bad for sight lines
- No connector makes the map feel more tight-knit
- FPS is supposedly aids, but half the community plays on a toaster *sips tea*

It would be interesting to see them take the existing connector on product or do it on the OG viaduct and turn it into a high ground, like a double sided ramp or something?
(04-04-2019, 01:18 PM)shaayy ^ Wrote: No connector restricts the flank from doing basically anything

Also allows the flank to make plays on the point easier. As an scout/engineer, you cannot do anything on concrete in the pro version, unless the other soldier is dead, or your soldier is able to create space on concrete.

Concrete only really becomes an option to do something if you kill the other soldier, because of how easy it is to lock down. Sit out house, run black box, ???, profit.
Did not enjoy playing on the original viaduct, went 19/3 as sniper just shooting through dumb sight lines against people who i was not much better than.
Not having a connector on concrete is a indirect buff to sniper
I will always be a pyro main <3
not a fan, the lack of a connector makes it way too difficult for flank to get any room without already having control of the point
Sniper just kinda owns on viaduct. There's a reason why a pro version is being played instead of this one.

Also flank gets the short end of the stick on this map. Eliminating connector basically makes it so there's really only one path you can take to get to the other side of the map; the same path where all of the combo stuff is happening.