• 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highlander S3 Advanced Happenings/Discussion
that is crazy
da,mn/
forums.alto.tf
(04-10-2019, 03:42 PM)ellie Wrote:  it felt like everyone just didn't like me and didn't want to talk to me, which is fine in a general sense but not when we're supposed to be a team

(04-10-2019, 05:27 PM)ellie Wrote: i actually didn't feel like everyone disliked me

ok

Fair Enough

The one time we did ring moist when bran wasn't available you didnt even play demo because of your ping, even though you said earlier it would have been fine to play on if you knew other people had problems. That just leaves me confused.

Nobody was annoyed at DZ for deafening in mumble, normal conversations are not comedy routines. Yes Catalyst can get loud and swallow his microphone and it's a funny haha, but 99% of the time it's just normal conversations or thoughts on the scrims. Not a comedy routine.

I wanted you gone because you left a fucking scrim without telling anybody, to ring for moist (of course). Then you come back like nothing is wrong acting all smug when I ask you if you're going to play for 9:30. It's downright disrespectful, and you want to complain to me about a lack of communication? I was completely fine with you, especially since I tried to give you want you wanted. Yea I wasn't always successful, or I made a mistake, but I tried my best to give you an answer/solution for everything you asked of me. If you were so frustrated why couldn't you express your feelings in a nice way and not "tldr you can suck but..." or "we cant ban every map but we lose every map"

The way I benched dest was unprofessional, and wrong. I'll admit it, I should have handled it better than I did and I'm not going to make excuses for it. Cutting you without telling you however was out of hate and rage. Given how everything has turned out, I wouldn't go back to change the way I did it.

Darkly left, and only came back for finals, because of how scrims went and the rage that ensued, and all of our big team related issues and scrim losses started when you joined.

There were communications issues not only with you and me through the team, but other people aswell. I literally made a announcement to try and get people to work it out together and not DM it to me instead of bringing it up in discord with the people who needed to hear it. I did not enjoy getting messages about how X player has been doing Y thing since week 1 and it's week 6 and this has apparently always been a problem but nobody decided to bring it up or even tell me. This all stemmed from communication issues. Sorry I didn't communicate better.

I'm not gonna continue this argument any longer, it's not worth the time or energy for either of us. If you want to keep it going so be it, just know I will not follow up.
The world’s gone and got itself in a big damn hurry. I don’t like it here. I’m tired of being afraid all the time. I’ve decided not to stay.
(04-10-2019, 06:18 PM)michael Wrote: forums.alto.tf

Alto forums would at least have interesting threads and post that people might actually read
(04-10-2019, 06:41 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 06:18 PM)michael Wrote: forums.alto.tf

Alto forums would at least have interesting threads and post that people might actually read

Drama is pretty fun to read idk what you're talking about.
The world’s gone and got itself in a big damn hurry. I don’t like it here. I’m tired of being afraid all the time. I’ve decided not to stay.
ok i'm sorry for the leaving the scrim to go ring, that was no bueno. i hadn't thought about how not epic that was of me.

ps aad ur gay this is the only good use for forums
(04-10-2019, 06:51 PM)ellie Wrote: ps aad ur gay this is the only good use for forums

not toxic >_<
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
(04-10-2019, 07:09 PM)fruitcup Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 06:51 PM)ellie Wrote: ps aad ur gay this is the only good use for forums

not toxic >_<

this is very homophobic and against our league rules. Expect a lengthy ban tonight 

ps this is a meme 
(04-10-2019, 07:44 PM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 07:09 PM)fruitcup Wrote:

not toxic >_<

this is very homophobic and against our league rules. Expect a lengthy ban tonight 

i gave ellie the g-word pass
plug walk
ooga booga i post paragraphs
can i call people the awesome word yet
n*****o
help
(04-10-2019, 05:27 PM)ellie Wrote: ok well then we're not playing with a pyro it's the same idea, why would i play a scrim when we're one down and nobody cares. that's a waste of both team's time. dz was afk for the entire setup time, and i was waiting in spawn for him to come back, setup time ended, we still had no medic, i said i'm not playing without a medic, and i went afk. you could have messaged me and said hey get back in here we're still playing. idk just let me know anything.

i got frustrated at the end and i shouldn't have. i told you guys that you were allowed to suck because i was upset how i felt like some players on the team were doing a lot and some players were doing very little, and we were losing because of them. people kept responding to my criticism like they heard me, and then nothing about their play would change. i shouldn't have said exactly what i did. all i meant was that if you're not going to listen to me, say that.
this isn't even just bran, but he was so prominent because like my best friend just so happens to be an extremely good heavy who was very willing to ring for us, but i guess i'm a dick rider. i got upset because shit got knocked out of playoffs and then swapped in mono and he was just destroying the flanks, which was the reason shit was struggling in the first place, and i said i couple times that if i had known that he would come carry i would have never left, but i guess i'm a dick rider.

it wasn't a serious tone when i said i hated upward. we were complaining about our third push and i was like ya sorry it might be my fault, i never really bothered to learn how to push this map haha and everyone was just like Wow What A Terrible Attitude You Should Be Ashamed and like ya ik i should have been like it was a joke guys but i was just like ugh whatever. also i do hate upward :3c

people were getting pissed off at dz deafening in mumble between scrims and i was like ya he probably doesn't feel like hearing the comedy routine that people put on when there's no game. that's it. i didn't call any of you clowns, i didn't personally discredit anyone's words, i just generally said that the between game small talk is something a person could reasonably not be a part of, and i made a joke out of it. it's actually moist's joke that i stole, it was his explanation for why he deafens between 7s pugs.

i actually didn't feel like everyone disliked me, that was what was weird about it to me. everything felt fine, i consider dz and i friends, sei and darkly and i hung out in mumble sometimes, catalyst and aaron would compliment me, and nobody else talked to me so i just figured it would be neutral feelings. nobody ever told me that you secretly wanted me gone and that aaron had to try to convince you to let me stay which he eventually gave up on. i actually did like you guys, i just get frustrated idk i feel like i keep saying that but it's true. the only reason i would make jokes in mumble was because i felt like i was in company with friends, if a single person had told me that they didn't like me things would have been fine, but nobody told me anything

also how can you possibly be fine with not telling me, you were gonna do the same shit with cutting dest. you just like made a public announcement that he was cut, you never messaged him personally. i get that like you gave him warnings or something but it felt so scummy to just cut someone and not directly let them know/vouch for themselves. especially when like a couple hours before you do it you ask them if they're still good to play. i'm honestly glad you cut me because i think a number of people deserved to win and i'm glad you got flare to help you do it god he's so good. i just think the way you did it is silly. just tell me stuff man. tell me that you hated me and that you were upset with the way i was talking to people. literally anything would have been better than what you did, i had to have hino, who is completely unrelated, tell me. i also would have loved any communication beforehand but whatever.

i did care. darkly got upset to the point where he wasn't gonna play any more, which was something i saw as at the very least partially my fault. i didn't know exactly why he left cuz nobody ever told me anything, but i knew i got far too heated that night and i wanted to try to make things right. i was sorry. i didn't know how upset everyone had become because nobody ever told me anything UGH just talk to ur teammates!!!! tell me u hate me!!!! any communication!!!!!

that's really the main thing i didn't like about how this was handled. it felt like nobody was communicating with me. nobody told me they didn't like me, nobody told me they were offended by the jokes, nobody told me they didn't like that i basically got a server that was just for my sake, nobody told me they didn't like my attitude and that i should change it before i got cut. instead i got cut and then i got told about all these complaints by someone that had no relationship to the team.
Can you cry somewhere else?
(04-10-2019, 05:27 PM)ellie Wrote: [essay]

I just want to preface this by saying that this conversation between you and micah shouldn't be happening on a public forum, in-fights between past teammates just split the community into two sides and everyone on each side just shittalks and trashes the other side and nothing gets resolved or fixed.

However, since this was posted on a public forum, I get to write w/e I want and no one can stop me.

I'm not trying to be rude or target you / harrass you, ellie, but basically everytime I have played with you on my team, be it pugs or tryouts, I have ended up extremely frustrated, occasionally to the point of just no longer trying or caring about the end result of the pug / scrim because I no longer want to keep playing.

Your attitude needs work, every single interaction I have had with you personally I only hear you complain. Complaining about the server, your ping, someone on your team, someone on their team, etc. When you complain about someone on your team, in my experience I have never heard you offer a real solution to what you believe they're doing wrong, you just point it out and continue, expecting something to change, and when complaining about someone on the other team, it's usually unnecessarily rude, a scout bots at you and you hit the pipe and say "what a fucking retard". Calling someone a bot jokingly or otherwise is fine, but you always sound so harsh in your tone of voice, like it stresses me out just remembering these few events in my head.

Only wanting to take the game seriously is also completely fine, but you have to understand that there is a social aspect to being on a team, you can choose to not participate but you really shouldn't mute/deafen because you're potentially missing out on important information inbetween the banter of your teammates. And unless your team leader says "Hey, scrims are cancelled", you shouldn't just walk away from your computer for more than like 5 minutes, it's a courtesy thing. By being on a team, you are committing to that team, and just walking away because one dumb thing happens and not coming back to check is poor manners.

A note on attitude/mentality and how changing it can help. With taking the game as seriously as possible, it's going to happen that you or the team you are playing for have an off night or a bad scrim, and that's going to make you sad. Instead of only complaining about what went wrong, whether you fully blame yourself, other teammates, or other things like ping, talk to your team about what you felt went right. What did you and your team do that was correct? Having a positive mentality regardless of the result is so important, I honestly believe it's crucial to stay in a positive mindset. Of course, you still need to talk about what went wrong. Instead of accusing a specific member of your team of under-performing, discuss what went wrong, get their side of the story, ask about ideas for fixing the issues, and most importantly, go over how to improve the issue for the future. Communication is the most important thing for improving in a team game, its the most important thing in any form of relationship, and a team of 9 people coordinating for 3ish months is most definitely a relationship. All of this to say, if you only accuse and complain, no one is going to want to communicate with you, perhaps because they feel like it's futile to even try, or perhaps because they would rather not get targeted and yelled at, any reason for not wanting to communicate with you is a sign that something, attitude, mentality, or both, needs to change.

Last thing I want to say, I don't care if anyone else reads this as long as you read it, ellie. I believe you are passionate about the game and really want to improve, and may just have some misguided passion directed towards others. Trust me when I say, it's pretty fucking hard to get people to like you again once you go full defensive mode and act like you've done nothing wrong to upset the entire community. I've been there, please take my virgin essay to heart.
hey bro
If my post asking about cars 2 got deleted for "derailing the thread" you gotta delete teats post about dr pepper

Also for reference

(04-11-2019, 02:20 AM)asher Wrote:
(04-10-2019, 05:27 PM)ellie Wrote: [essay]

I just want to preface this by saying that this conversation between you and micah shouldn't be happening on a public forum, in-fights between past teammates just split the community into two sides and everyone on each side just shittalks and trashes the other side and nothing gets resolved or fixed.

However, since this was posted on a public forum, I get to write w/e I want and no one can stop me.

Pretty sure they've had this argument like 2 or 3 times on discord, or at least they passive aggressively called each other out after micah posted a giant thing "explaining his reasons"
plug walk
whatever dzcreeper says im not toxic and he is the best tf2 player ever so UwU
everyone in the tf2 community is toxic because we play a bad game and act like retards all the time
(04-11-2019, 09:06 AM)kev Wrote: everyone in the tf2 community is toxic because we play a  bad game and act like retards all the time

shut up retard
(04-11-2019, 09:06 AM)kev Wrote: everyone in the tf2 community is toxic because we play a  bad game and act like retards all the time

yeah okay kev
pootis