• 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Highlander S3 Advanced Happenings/Discussion
This is the discussion thread for the RGL HL Season 3 Advanced division.

Congratulations to the Season 2 champions, Amicitia Nova!

RGL HL S3 Team Spreadsheet
RGL HL S3 Advanced Standings
Recent Player Transactions (sort by div)

You can view last season's Advanced discussion thread here.
flu walrus what is this cursed website you named your team after
plug walk
really cool website
i was the main demo on amicita
im actually insane on demo check my tf2center logs
plug walk
(04-05-2019, 12:27 PM)ellie Wrote: i was the main demo on amicita

how can you say you were our demo when you deafened/left half the scrims and only played one match. In all my time playing this game, picking you up has been my greatest regret.
Shoutout to flankyyy, drag, kett, and all the OG Amicitia members
Beef.
(04-05-2019, 09:11 PM)Micahlele Wrote:

how can you say you were our demo when you deafened/left half the scrims and only played one match. In all my time playing this game, picking you up has been my greatest regret.

i only played one match because of the 4 weeks i was on the team, we only had 1 match. i left literally 0 scrims, i deafened in like 2. i want to make a whole response to your bullshit tangent that's making people dislike me but i don't even know where to start with it.

i can say i was the demo on your team because i was.
(04-10-2019, 02:17 PM)ellie Wrote:

i only played one match because of the 4 weeks i was on the team, we only had 1 match. i left literally 0 scrims, i deafened in like 2. i want to make a whole response to your bullshit tangent that's making people dislike me but i don't even know where to start with it.

"yeah so what if i only played one match and i decided to basically not be a part of the team by deafening myself during a scrim, i was your main demo on your team that played 6 matches"

also i know for a fact that u ragequit a scrim in the one week that i was ringing for the meat heads u little baby
i was the main demo on amicita
(04-10-2019, 02:54 PM)ellie Wrote: i was the main demo on amicita

that team didnt have a main demo
i was one of the like 4 main demos on amicita
(04-10-2019, 02:54 PM)ellie Wrote: i was the main demo on amicita

(04-10-2019, 03:00 PM)ellie Wrote: i was one of the like 4 main demos on amicita
stop it u smelly poo poo >: (
(04-10-2019, 02:17 PM)ellie Wrote:

Thats a fair enough response, besides the fact that you did leave to go ring for a different team because one of our players was late to a scrim.
Regardless of all that, I tried my damn hardest to give you want you wanted. You wanted a serious team environment? I did my best to make the team more serious. You wanted the team to play around your style of demo ? I tried to make that happen. You want to use kansas servers so you can have good ping even though it hurt the rest of the team? We played with kansas servers. Yet still you bitched and moaned in comms and in my DMs. You still came to tell me we sucked at every map. You still went into the meme discord and complained about how much you hated all of us. You begged me to ring moist master and moist even messaged me telling me to ring him for grand finals and we were going to lose if we didn't. You can technically say yea you played demo for us, but when you almost killed the team and made possibly one of the nicest individuals in this community quit, I don't think you have the right to say you did. My statement still stands that picking you up was my greatest regret. Season's over though, I'm over it, I'm still gonna dislike you, and I don't care if you dislike me.
Edit: Also you can't even spell the team's name right.
ok this seems like a good time to respond to everything

i did ask for kansas servers because my routing was bad, nothing i could do, so either i played with 120 ping and everyone else had 30 or i played with 30 and everyone else had 50. i was actually fine with the server we did play on with 120 ping, i did fine, albiet not as good as i could have, and and dz got a different server so everyone could have reasonable ping. it wasn't until after the scrim that people complained about their ping. if people had said anything i would have just been like cool we can go back, i don't care that much.

idk who i pushed to quit, sorry to them. i didn't mean to, i just get frustrated when i try to help and it feels like it goes over people's heads. i was worried about our ability to deal with the flank so i wanted to ring moist for heavy since i know he and i work well together and bran and i really didn't. i think moist is better than bran, his tracking is really good.

i think some things are getting taken out of context. spu reminded me that i did go afk in a scrim, but it was only because dz also went afk cuz he had something to do, and nobody seemed to care that we didn't have a medic. it just felt like it was gonna be a waste of everyone's time and tensions were already high that night. i even remember saying that if we were gonna play with no medic i was just not gonna play.

i did bitch to micah in dms, though idk i didnt feel like a bitch, and it was only because i felt like we actually had a chance to win, and we had players that deserved to win, and i could feel the team falling apart and i knew if we made some changes then a lot of holes would suddenly be filled and the ship would stop sinking.

i did say that i like to play my way, but that wasn't saying that like it's my way or the high way, i just meant like i didn't really subscribe to the "meta" pushes. i did say that i hate upward and never learned it but that was mostly a joke and everyone was all mad at me as soon as i said it so i was like D:

i would say like "i hate my team..." in the meme discord but i didnt mean it, i just like said it. i didn't know anyone was getting worked up about it, sorry. nobody told me.

honestly that whole season just felt like nobody would ever tell me anything, so i never knew what was going on. in game people wouldn't tell me what was happening in game, after the game people would barely respond to the criticisms i had or give any themselves, micah wouldn't tell me about his growing disdain for me, nobody micah discussed cutting me with ever told me it was on the table, micah never told me that he cut me and he just kicked me from the discord. i only learned that i was cut when hino sent me micah's thesis that he posted in the meme discord, i hadn't even seen it myself. literally the night before micah asked me if i was good to play in finals and i was talking in the discord about the ringers we would need to get. it felt like everyone just didn't like me and didn't want to talk to me, which is fine in a general sense but not when we're supposed to be a team

anyway sorry ami u guys were nice

inb4 spu compares me to alto
(04-10-2019, 03:42 PM)ellie Wrote: ok this seems like a good time to respond to everything

i did ask for kansas servers because my routing was bad, nothing i could do, so either i played with 120 ping and everyone else had 30 or i played with 30 and everyone else had 50. i was actually fine with the server we did play on with 120 ping, i did fine, albiet not as good as i could have, and and dz got a different server so everyone could have reasonable ping. it wasn't until after the scrim that people complained about their ping. if people had said anything i would have just been like cool we can go back, i don't care that much.

idk who i pushed to quit, sorry to them. i didn't mean to, i just get frustrated when i try to help and it feels like it goes over people's heads. i was worried about our ability to deal with the flank so i wanted to ring moist for heavy since i know he and i work well together and bran and i really didn't. i think moist is better than bran, his tracking is really good.

i think some things are getting taken out of context. spu reminded me that i did go afk in a scrim, but it was only because dz also went afk cuz he had something to do, and nobody seemed to care that we didn't have a medic. it just felt like it was gonna be a waste of everyone's time and tensions were already high that night. i even remember saying that if we were gonna play with no medic i was just not gonna play.

i did bitch to micah in dms, though idk i didnt feel like a bitch, and it was only because i felt like we actually had a chance to win, and we had players that deserved to win, and i could feel the team falling apart and i knew if we made some changes then a lot of holes would suddenly be filled and the ship would stop sinking.

i did say that i like to play my way, but that wasn't saying that like it's my way or the high way, i just meant like i didn't really subscribe to the "meta" pushes. i did say that i hate upward and never learned it but that was mostly a joke and everyone was all mad at me as soon as i said it so i was like D:

i would say like "i hate my team..." in the meme discord but i didnt mean it, i just like said it. i didn't know anyone was getting worked up about it, sorry. nobody told me.

honestly that whole season just felt like nobody would ever tell me anything, so i never knew what was going on.  in game people wouldn't tell me what was happening in game, after the game people would barely respond to the criticisms i had or give any themselves, micah wouldn't tell me about his growing disdain for me, nobody micah discussed cutting me with ever told me it was on the table, micah never told me that he cut me and he just kicked me from the discord. i only learned that i was cut when hino sent me micah's thesis that he posted in the meme discord, i hadn't even seen it myself.  literally the night before micah asked me if i was good to play in finals and i was talking in the discord about the ringers we would need to get. it felt like everyone just didn't like me and didn't want to talk to me, which is fine in a general sense but not when we're supposed to be a team

anyway sorry ami u guys were nice

inb4 spu compares me to alto
darkly went medic less than 20 seconds after we realized DZ went afk, and I would have gone medic if darkly hadn't, but by then you were already gone and since this was a recurring theme we figured you weren't coming back. This isn't even the same time you left before a scrim to ring for SHIT because DZ was late and we had to get mustang to play. Lest we forget the lakeside scrim where you deafened, so I went demo to salvage whatever was left, but you came back to play spy.

You yourself said things were high tension and the team was falling apart, so why would you think it's a good idea to make "jokes" about how much you hate us all without ever telling us that it is a joke? Even if you did try and cover it up by saying it was a joke, your constant negative energy towards us shows that it isn't actually a joke, and it's all just a coverup to save your ass. Saying you never cared to learn how to play upward in a serious tone and getting bad reactions from everyone in the mumble didn't make you think "If this is all a joke, maybe I should say it's a joke now and not wait until a month afterwards to say it was a joke on the forums." bullshit

You felt like everybody disliked you because you made everyone dislike you. Saying that you understand why DZ deafens before scrims because he didnt want to hear the "clowns" talking, calling me a retard because I don't understand a joke, "tldr you're allowed to suck, I'd prefer if you didn't but for god's sake tell me so I can try to accommodate for it" definitely makes everybody on the team want to be your friend.

You played victim card "im sorry, i can find us players, this is all my fault." knowing full well that you didnt give a shit considering how you acted.

Yea I cut and kicked you without telling you, and I'm perfectly fine with what I did. The team was falling apart with 2 players not playing finals (i convinced them to come back after you were cut), and I said if we were going to lose grand finals, we were going to lose having a good time with a demo who liked us, and not a demo who hated us. A last stand to end the season differently from its predecessor.
You dislike upward D: your words mean nothing now!
I will always be a pyro main <3
(04-10-2019, 04:52 PM)Arzt Hispanian Wrote: You dislike upward D: your words mean nothing now!

me when the "defend product" thread was made
plug walk
ok well then we're not playing with a pyro it's the same idea, why would i play a scrim when we're one down and nobody cares. that's a waste of both team's time. dz was afk for the entire setup time, and i was waiting in spawn for him to come back, setup time ended, we still had no medic, i said i'm not playing without a medic, and i went afk. you could have messaged me and said hey get back in here we're still playing. idk just let me know anything.

i got frustrated at the end and i shouldn't have. i told you guys that you were allowed to suck because i was upset how i felt like some players on the team were doing a lot and some players were doing very little, and we were losing because of them. people kept responding to my criticism like they heard me, and then nothing about their play would change. i shouldn't have said exactly what i did. all i meant was that if you're not going to listen to me, say that.
this isn't even just bran, but he was so prominent because like my best friend just so happens to be an extremely good heavy who was very willing to ring for us, but i guess i'm a dick rider. i got upset because shit got knocked out of playoffs and then swapped in mono and he was just destroying the flanks, which was the reason shit was struggling in the first place, and i said i couple times that if i had known that he would come carry i would have never left, but i guess i'm a dick rider.

it wasn't a serious tone when i said i hated upward. we were complaining about our third push and i was like ya sorry it might be my fault, i never really bothered to learn how to push this map haha and everyone was just like Wow What A Terrible Attitude You Should Be Ashamed and like ya ik i should have been like it was a joke guys but i was just like ugh whatever. also i do hate upward :3c

people were getting pissed off at dz deafening in mumble between scrims and i was like ya he probably doesn't feel like hearing the comedy routine that people put on when there's no game. that's it. i didn't call any of you clowns, i didn't personally discredit anyone's words, i just generally said that the between game small talk is something a person could reasonably not be a part of, and i made a joke out of it. it's actually moist's joke that i stole, it was his explanation for why he deafens between 7s pugs.

i actually didn't feel like everyone disliked me, that was what was weird about it to me. everything felt fine, i consider dz and i friends, sei and darkly and i hung out in mumble sometimes, catalyst and aaron would compliment me, and nobody else talked to me so i just figured it would be neutral feelings. nobody ever told me that you secretly wanted me gone and that aaron had to try to convince you to let me stay which he eventually gave up on. i actually did like you guys, i just get frustrated idk i feel like i keep saying that but it's true. the only reason i would make jokes in mumble was because i felt like i was in company with friends, if a single person had told me that they didn't like me things would have been fine, but nobody told me anything

also how can you possibly be fine with not telling me, you were gonna do the same shit with cutting dest. you just like made a public announcement that he was cut, you never messaged him personally. i get that like you gave him warnings or something but it felt so scummy to just cut someone and not directly let them know/vouch for themselves. especially when like a couple hours before you do it you ask them if they're still good to play. i'm honestly glad you cut me because i think a number of people deserved to win and i'm glad you got flare to help you do it god he's so good. i just think the way you did it is silly. just tell me stuff man. tell me that you hated me and that you were upset with the way i was talking to people. literally anything would have been better than what you did, i had to have hino, who is completely unrelated, tell me. i also would have loved any communication beforehand but whatever.

i did care. darkly got upset to the point where he wasn't gonna play any more, which was something i saw as at the very least partially my fault. i didn't know exactly why he left cuz nobody ever told me anything, but i knew i got far too heated that night and i wanted to try to make things right. i was sorry. i didn't know how upset everyone had become because nobody ever told me anything UGH just talk to ur teammates!!!! tell me u hate me!!!! any communication!!!!!

that's really the main thing i didn't like about how this was handled. it felt like nobody was communicating with me. nobody told me they didn't like me, nobody told me they were offended by the jokes, nobody told me they didn't like that i basically got a server that was just for my sake, nobody told me they didn't like my attitude and that i should change it before i got cut. instead i got cut and then i got told about all these complaints by someone that had no relationship to the team.