• 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Highlander S3 Main Happenings/Discussion
This is the discussion thread for the RGL HL Season 3 Main division.

Congratulations to the Season 2 champions, Home Depot eSports!

RGL HL S3 Team Spreadsheet
RGL HL S3 Main Standings
Recent Player Transactions (sort by div)

You can view last season's Main discussion thread here.
alright man here we go
hi =)
Home Depot eSports
where I belong.....
plug walk
s3 main gonna be epic
Power Rankings

Swift - to be fair they should have won last season but they didn't try
No. 3
Rayman5000
Luigi's
HOLY PSYCHO
Anthrax

Idk the rest
(06-05-2019, 12:19 AM)SpotlightR Wrote: Swift - to be fair they should have won last season but they didn't try

i can absolutely promise you we tried last season, by the end of the season there was a lot of frustrations

i blame single elim playoffs personally, 7th seed playing 2nd seed with no losers bracket is real dumb
hh brother
someone pick me up on a main team Smile
(06-05-2019, 12:19 AM)SpotlightR Wrote: Power Rankings

No. 3
Rayman5000
Luigi's
HOLY PSYCHO
Anthrax

Idk the rest
Rayman5000 > No. 3 > Swift > the rest of main
Most people put funny things here but this is actually my signature 
(06-05-2019, 07:48 AM)Sebbers Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 12:19 AM)SpotlightR Wrote: Power Rankings

No. 3
Rayman5000
Luigi's
HOLY PSYCHO
Anthrax

Idk the rest
Rayman5000 > No. 3 > Swift > the rest of main

Idk man I think i win this season
(06-05-2019, 03:56 AM)asher Wrote:
(06-05-2019, 12:19 AM)SpotlightR Wrote: Swift - to be fair they should have won last season but they didn't try

i can absolutely promise you we tried last season, by the end of the season there was a lot of frustrations

i blame single elim playoffs personally, 7th seed playing 2nd seed with no losers bracket is real dumb

i believe you had an option to be stay the 8th seed when NEW MIC got put into playoffs, and play the 1st seed, which was a much easier matchup, which you passed up
I was very happy when you said youd rather play Bear Hoovy than NKB
(06-05-2019, 03:56 AM)asher Wrote:

Heading into any season, I will always announce the playoff structure of each respective division. I will also make a separate article during playoffs to remind people of the playoff structure as well. Throughout the entire preseason and playoffs, I did not receive any complaints regarding the structure.

Main has been single-elimination since Season 1 (which was a round robin with 8 teams). The reason why we were careful about implementing a double-elimination structure in the lower divisions is because of the lack of flexibility with teams willing to reschedule for their lower bracket match.

You have been the only vocal person about Main being double-elimination and not single-elimination, which I think is fine for S3. You can read that in my article here.
Being 2nd seed and losing in the first round and complain 3 months later. That’s why swift is been in main/silver for years now. For the lack of accountability and desire to really improve, but let’s blame the league for our teams frustrations.
I will always be a pyro main <3
(06-05-2019, 04:15 PM)Arzt Hispanian Wrote: Being 2nd seed and losing in the first round and complain 3 months later. That’s why swift is been in main/silver for years now. For the lack of accountability and desire to really improve, but let’s blame the league for our teams frustrations.

I don't think talking down onto Swift Inc. is a good solution to the problem. Everyone I have met from Swift is nice.
pootis
There is no problem.
I will always be a pyro main <3
(06-05-2019, 06:44 PM)Arzt Hispanian Wrote: There is no problem.

im the problem please euthanize me
I still love the fact it only mentions me being the only player to watch for lmfao
(06-05-2019, 02:51 PM)exa_ | hl.rgl.gg Wrote: Heading into any season, I will always announce the playoff structure of each respective division. I will also make a separate article during playoffs to remind people of the playoff structure as well. Throughout the entire preseason and playoffs, I did not receive any complaints regarding the structure.

Main has been single-elimination since Season 1 (which was a round robin with 8 teams). The reason why we were careful about implementing a double-elimination structure in the lower divisions is because of the lack of flexibility with teams willing to reschedule for their lower bracket match.

You have been the only vocal person about Main being double-elimination and not single-elimination, which I think is fine for S3. You can read that in my article here.

first season single elim was fine, bc of the gauntlet style playoff bracket, having standard seeding for playoffs and then making them single elimination is stupid, at that point you might as well just not seed at all.

dont misunderstand this as salt or me being mad i got 7th because its not, i was vocal about it because its bad TOing.

(06-05-2019, 04:15 PM)Arzt Hispanian Wrote: Being 2nd seed and losing in the first round and complain 3 months later. That’s why swift is been in main/silver for years now. For the lack of accountability and desire to really improve, but let’s blame the league for our teams frustrations.

i'm the only one to complain about this, and i'm one of two people from swift inc that moved up into adv and now invite, so idk what you're on about brother. stop talking shit about a team you have 0 experience with, they don't care so why do you?

also we were 7th seed playing 2nd, so you really have no idea what you're on about
hh brother
(06-05-2019, 09:25 PM)Theoretical Spy Wrote: I still love the fact it only mentions me being the only player to watch for lmfao

Theo carrys as spy what can I say.
(06-06-2019, 12:20 AM)asher Wrote: first season single elim was fine, bc of the gauntlet style playoff bracket, having standard seeding for playoffs and then making them single elimination is stupid, at that point you might as well just not seed at all.

dont misunderstand this as salt or me being mad i got 7th because its not, i was vocal about it because its bad TOing.

This is the first time that I have heard anyone in public complain about the playoff structure, which is why there wasn't any consideration to change it. I am not saying that you are salty. I do agree with your points about Main being double elimination, which is why it is utilizing that structure for S3. The article is here.

The lower divisions have had standard seeding for playoffs and single elimination due to the disparity in skill level. Granted, Main is in the middle, so one could make a case that disparity is not as big. Implementing a double elimination works great to make the playoffs less anti-climactic, as this allows the other seeds a chance to make a comeback. However, this format also can drag on too long, which cannot work if we want to playoffs to be 3-weeks long. Therefore, teams need to play a lower bracket match on a day that is not Monday. Even teams in Invite struggled with rescheduling as so (though external factors contributed to this), which is why again, I was hesitant on making Main double elimination, when even Invite teams struggled to reschedule for LB matches and S1 IM teams could barely do so as well.

Anyway, double elimination is being used for Invite and Main this season. Teams will get a reminder in a playoffs article that you must reschedule your lower bracket matches. We will see how this works out and fix it accordingly for following seasons.