• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
tunes thread
swag flu by KILLY is the best rap song of this whole generation.
bro.... Killy does not suck.... swag flu is godly.... u unironically think die lit is a masterpiece...
(06-12-2019, 11:38 AM)shaayy ^ Wrote: bro.... Killy does not suck.... swag flu is godly.... u unironically think die lit is a masterpiece...

die lit a top 3 album of 2018 dont @ me
Favorite rap albums of 2018 
1. Earl Sweatshirt - Some Rap Songs
2. Denzel Curry - TA1300
3. Saba - CARE FOR ME 
4. Playboi Carti - Die Lit
5. Flatbush Zombies - Vacation in Hell

ASTROWORLD is overrated as hell btw.
pootis
Everything that isn't melodic viking death metal is garbage.

(I'm kidding I enjoy all genres except new-age rap and hip-hop)
(06-12-2019, 12:56 PM)wise Wrote: Everything that isn't melodic viking death metal is garbage.

le black people are scary
(06-12-2019, 12:56 PM)wise Wrote: Everything that isn't melodic viking death metal is garbage.

old head  Dodgy
pootis
(06-12-2019, 12:04 PM)firepow Wrote: ASTROWORLD is overrated as hell btw.

astroworld isnt overrated at all, the album was hyped up for years and it majorly delivered. It reached massive heights of popularity which does not mean it was overrated. Literally if any other album reached the popularity astroworld did people would call it a timeless classic, but since its "mumble rap" people just dismiss it as overrated garbage.

the only song imo thats overrated would be sickomode but even that song is pretty good

ALSO

my top 5 albums from 2018 (rap)
1) goodbye and good riddance (juice wrld)
2) TA13OO (denzel curry)
3) OnePointFive (amine)
4) DiCaprio 2 (JID)
5) ASTROWORLD (travis scott)

honorable mentions:
come over when your sober 2 (peep)
daytona (pusha t)
beerbongs and bentleys
(06-12-2019, 01:17 PM)shaayy ^ Wrote:

astroworld isnt overrated at all, the album was hyped up for years and it majorly delivered. It reached massive heights of popularity which does not mean it was overrated. Literally if any other album reached the popularity astroworld did people would call it a timeless classic, but since its "mumble rap" people just dismiss it as overrated garbage.

the only song imo thats overrated would be sickomode but even that song is pretty good
I've only listened to the entirety of the album like twice. Maybe it just hasn't stuck with me besides like three songs. Those being SICKO MODE (lol), STOP TRYING TO BE GOD, and NO BYSTANDERS (fuck the club up.) I mean the production is super high quality, but that's about it for the album to me. It's extremely polished, but barely any of it excites me. I don't get that much of a high from it.
"mumble rap" just sounds bad to me. like idk, feels like all the songs sound the same and none of them are interesting

ALSO

my top 5 albums from 2018 (rap)
1) goodbye and good riddance (juice wrld)
2) TA13OO (denzel curry)
3) OnePointFive (amine)
4) DiCaprio 2 (JID)
5) ASTROWORLD (travis scott)

honorable mentions:
come over when your sober 2 (peep)
daytona (pusha t)
beerbongs and bentleys
ASTROWORLD is a very good album, just not as good or experimental as rodeo, and imo also birds in the trap. it still is definitely a solid album front to back.

top five rap albums of 2018
Kids See Ghosts
Some Rap Songs (Earl Sweatshirt)
Die Lit (The GOAT)
TA1300
Swimming (Mac Miller)

honorable mentions
Testing (asap rocky)
ye (ye)
Goodbye and Good Riddance
(06-12-2019, 01:34 PM)firepow Wrote:

I've only listened to the entirety of the album like twice. Maybe it just hasn't stuck with me besides like three songs. Those being SICKO MODE (lol), STOP TRYING TO BE GOD, and NO BYSTANDERS (fuck the club up.) I mean the production is super high quality, but that's about it for the album to me. It's extremely polished, but barely any of it excites me. I don't get that much of a high from it.

thats fair
no one asked but everyone else did it so top 5 of 2018
1. The Field - Infinite Moment
2. Internazionale - Commerce as Communication
3. 이달의 소녀 [LOONA] - [+ +]
4. Felicia Atkinson / Jefre Cantu-Ledesma - Limpid as the Solitudes
5. Various Artists - Furthur Journeys Into Electronix 1
hh brother
tbh i dont think i vibed with any other rapper than earl sweatshirt

what vocalist/rapper do you vibe with the most
pootis