• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlander AC Statement on MichaelPC1
Statement From RGL

Michaelpc1’s demos of pl_swiftwater_final1 and koth_cascade_rc1a have been reviewed by a handful of individuals and the TL; DR is that he isn’t cheating.

A lot of the talk recently has been mostly speculative, with the main argument relating his performance in a handful of games to his experience playing competitive. It’s important to determine what is suspicious about him that isn’t just his inexperience. After watching his demos, we can safely rule out ungodly aim, clairvoyance, and an uncanny ability to hear spies.

pl_swiftwater_final1:

As far as aim assist goes, if you watch the demos you should be able to see that he doesn’t do anything superhuman. He will watch a sightline, someone will walk into the sightline, and he will attempt to shoot them – and it’s not like he hit every shot. His accuracy was in the high 30s. There were no spectacular shots and he missed a good number of easy shots. Furthermore, a lot of the people he was shooting at were unable to shoot back, despite the SvS stat being slightly in his favor. You must consider that a number of those sniper kills were in the first half with Nyxi peeking from the lower ramp of the last point on offense, which as all snipers should know is very difficult to win on BLU.

For vision assist, we would first describe Michaelpc1 as lost. He looked extremely uncomfortable in all the defensive holds and his offensive deployment was extremely simplistic to the point where you must question the use of vision assist. If he is acquiring additional information beyond comms that he should not know, he isn’t making any decisions with it. The angles that he peeks are consistently the first place he goes, and as bffl adapts he continues to go to them even though there are enemies there. There was never a situation where the first person he shot at was Nyxi either. He would occupy a sightline for a time, and eventually when the sniper was called or heard he would attempt to fight Nyxi.

Finally, while we don’t think anybody is claiming that he uses sound scripts, the sniper vs. spy stats were 6 to 4 in favor of Mpc1, so we thought it might need addressing. There were moments he was killed by Spu. There were also moments he spotted Spu as he decloaked. Mpc1 did not seem to be Spu’s main target either, but despite that he did not predict Spu’s picks on his combo beside him.

koth_cascade_rc1a:

Mpc1’s match against AD was similarly uneventful. We saw a sniper who missed most of his shots, could not see the future, and died to spies. However, the part that concerns everyone the most was his ability to have 69% accuracy while suffering 405 DT/M. This is impossible, right? If you download the log file and search through it with Note++ you can break down that statistic.

Here are some highlights:  

• Game time (s): 657
  • Shots fired: 46
  • Shots hit: 32
  • Accuracy: 69.60%
  • Shots per minute: 4.2
  • Bodyshots: 20
  • Bodyshots (50 dmg): 13
  • Headshots: 12

Check our work.

Furthermore, when watching the second half it’s very easy to determine why he was able to maintain a high accuracy: he simply couldn’t shoot. There were many lives where he would get killed before he could see anyone, take one shot and get bombed, or something of that nature. In contrast, he was able to take 72 shots in the first half which lasted about the same amount of time. Still spooky?

Review:

To conclude, we want to address the community’s concerns about his inconsistencies. The answer is extremely obvious to anyone who is capable of rationally analyzing the game: the other teams are failing to respect the sniper. As teams adapt, Mpc1 is rendered ineffective. On Swiftwater, bffl allowed Mpc1 to shoot them for free through the first two halves; only in the third did they take advantage of his naivety with tgw being responsible for 5 of Mpc1’s 9 deaths. On cascade, AD played around the point for the first half, allowing the Impostors’ combo to walk to the point and Michael to shoot nearly twice as much as the next half. In the second, AD was so aggressive that they were borderline spawn camping.

At the end of the day, Michaelpc1 is an inexperienced player who is still learning how to compete in the higher divisions. One cannot fault him for having some good halves when the other team walks around assuming he won’t hit them at all.
Wait, so you're telling me spu lost a round to a player who was "For vision assist, we would first describe Michaelpc1 as lost. He looked extremely uncomfortable in all the defensive holds and his offensive deployment was extremely simplistic to the point where you must question the use of vision assist."

good job spu
THANK you.
(06-21-2019, 12:13 AM)RonnieJ Wrote: Wait, so you're telling me spu lost a round to a player who was  "For vision assist, we would first describe Michaelpc1 as lost. He looked extremely uncomfortable in all the defensive holds and his offensive deployment was extremely simplistic to the point where you must question the use of vision assist."

good job spu

spu tried and that's all that matters dude
i hate spu so much you actually don't understand

playing with him makes me want to uninstall

he brings shame to all people with the name ryan
I think that myself and a lot of other people owe an apology to Michael the first computer
(06-21-2019, 12:24 AM)wise Wrote: I think that myself and a lot of other people owe an apology to Michael the first computer

nope, opinions are opinions and people can still maintain their own independent of others
DEAD autumn :  why are you a butt ugly indian kid

get bmed idiot

i rage quit a match :3
im glad this over, and im glad i can root for "imposters" without regrets
pootis
I like playing with spu
I like this explanation a lot. I have faith in the rgl team in future cases.
I will always be a pyro main <3
(06-21-2019, 12:24 AM)wise Wrote: I think that myself and a lot of other people owe an apology to Michael the first computer

I'm not saying not to apologize to MCP1, but it's healthy to question/scrutinize anyone in any division so they get looked at under a microscope, because you really never know who's cheating. There's been cases of pro players being caught cheating online/at lans in various other eSports. Questioning someone's legitimacy allows for a league to look at any and all evidence and clear them of accusations. Furthermore, we shouldn't avoid looking deeper into someone just because a vocal group can "vouch" for someone, again, there's been many cases from many games where the vocal supporters were proven wrong. 

In this case, many people viewed MPC1's demos and clear him of wrong doing, which itself is pretty big since he's been accused of cheating for many seasons now.

Basically, doing thorough checks on players is healthy for the community overall and for the players involved.
well there goes the drama

now what

also does this mean spu will finally scrim us now
hh brother
ok michealpc1 isn't cheating, but what about asher??
(06-21-2019, 03:08 AM)asher Wrote: well there goes the drama

now what

also does this mean spu will finally scrim us now

thats not why i chose to not schedule with ur team, i chose not to schedule with ur team because the specimens are better and they asked me to scrim literally an hour after i scheduled with you guys and almost a week in advance. thats plenty of time to reschedule your scrims
Bro can I scrim spu??????
(06-21-2019, 01:07 PM)Jimbob Doohicky Wrote: Bro can I scrim spu??????

No
(06-21-2019, 01:19 AM)Aad | hl.rgl.gg Wrote:

I'm not saying not to apologize to MCP1, but it's healthy to question/scrutinize anyone in any division so they get looked at under a microscope, because you really never know who's cheating. There's been cases of pro players being caught cheating online/at lans in various other eSports. Questioning someone's legitimacy allows for a league to look at any and all evidence and clear them of accusations. Furthermore, we shouldn't avoid looking deeper into someone just because a vocal group can "vouch" for someone, again, there's been many cases from many games where the vocal supporters were proven wrong. 

In this case, many people viewed MPC1's demos and clear him of wrong doing, which itself is pretty big since he's been accused of cheating for many seasons now.

Basically, doing thorough checks on players is healthy for the community overall and for the players involved.
reminder this guy used word.exe at a cs lan lamo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z-kmSF5Qxk
DEAD autumn :  why are you a butt ugly indian kid

get bmed idiot

i rage quit a match :3
(06-21-2019, 01:42 PM)pajaro Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 01:07 PM)Jimbob Doohicky Wrote: Bro can I scrim spu??????

No

i can schedule up to 6 years in advance hmu
When i first played michael last season of HL, i had the same suspicions of him cheating. I immediately watched his VOD and concluded that he’s streaky as fuck. He will hit his shots for 2 minutes and then hit nothing for 10. What happened for those 10? We stopped walking at him and michael was then lost. This scrim was on product, where he only sat cliff, and made no effort to peek from another angle.

TL;DR what exa said has been known since early s2. Yeah, it was silly that his mentor is a former cheater or whatever, but the guy is so streaky that it’s easy to be sus. Maybe some time sniping with the big dogs will make him more consistent. ezpz, he’s not brashkitty2.0
This is silly