• 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Highlander RGL's Harassment Policy, Bans, and Invite Registrations
(06-24-2019, 12:20 AM)nyxi Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 12:09 AM)Alto Wrote:
(06-23-2019, 11:09 PM)nyxi Wrote: nvm bruh fuck it idc anymore. just do not break any rgl rules around me, ill be watching especially in "rgl safe spaces"!

haha yeah its such a shame we can't direct literal hate speech at a player who's specifically and repeatedly made it a point that he doesn't want it directed at him FUCK human decency bro the libs are taking over!!!!

bruh i literally said i have a problem with how long the ban itself is, not if the ban was justified or not

So it's justified, why do you believe the ban is too long?
(06-24-2019, 07:24 AM)Dimento.knd Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 12:20 AM)nyxi Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 12:09 AM)Alto Wrote: haha yeah its such a shame we can't direct literal hate speech at a player who's specifically and repeatedly made it a point that he doesn't want it directed at him FUCK human decency bro the libs are taking over!!!!

bruh i literally said i have a problem with how long the ban itself is, not if the ban was justified or not

IMO the admin team and the player’s team captain should discuss a compromise or some form of intervention depending on how much a player impacts their team ESPECIALLY in invite because a single player being missing can determine the outcome of matches in the future (knd literally rescheduled a cast potential match last season because bowl couldnt make it) . so maybe the admin team and spu couldve compromised only a week ban and a couple of player penalties before a straight up 3 month ban right out the gate (so it doesnt leave a team scrambling to find a replacement before a match or something)
(06-24-2019, 08:53 AM)nyxi Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 07:24 AM)Dimento.knd Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 12:20 AM)nyxi Wrote: bruh i literally said i have a problem with how long the ban itself is, not if the ban was justified or not

IMO the admin team and the player’s team captain should discuss a compromise or some form of intervention depending on how much a player impacts their team ESPECIALLY in invite because a single player being missing can determine the outcome of matches in the future (knd literally rescheduled a cast potential match last season because bowl couldnt make it) . so maybe the admin team and spu couldve compromised only a week ban and a couple of player penalties before a straight up 3 month ban right out the gate (so it doesnt leave a team scrambling to find a replacement before a match or something)

Okay I see what you're saying, I will correct one thing in that knd's position last season was to NOT reschedule the match and to play the default time on Monday, but your point still stands. Thanks for clarifying.
So wait, there are people who believe that a player who throws hate speech around should get a light tap on the wrist instead of being actually disciplined, thus being allowed to play an online video game?

And the justification is because they may contribute enough to win said video game?

Fucking go outside. This game isn't important, and if it is, it shouldn't be. The opportunity to participate in a community while being such a person should be corrective instead of encouraging. People make mistakes and say shit they shouldn't, and not having a history doesn't excuse them from what they did. RGL is trying to change the culture they inherited from UGC to make something better. Pruning at the top isn't a bad idea because it sets the tone for the rest of the league.
(06-24-2019, 04:00 PM)2w.Sovereign Wrote: Fucking go outside. This game isn't important, and if it is, it shouldn't be. The opportunity to participate in a community while being such a person should be corrective instead of encouraging. People make mistakes and say shit they shouldn't, and not having a  history doesn't excuse them from what they did.

I concur; in my opinion, the insignificance and unimportance of this game should, logically, serve as the foundation through which to penalize people who enact their... dare I say, torturous waysupon their unwilling victims. Indeed, the only way to preserve the sacred inconsequentiality of competitive Team Fortress 2 is to protect those who take it seriously enough to be genuinely upset by what someone else said in the video game chat window (and possibly more - do we make use of extraneous sources? Can we please get on that?).                              

Babe, I gotta say: thanks for the post. +1
(06-23-2019, 05:36 PM)SpotlightR Wrote: Why is the league full of pussies
Stop administering season long bans for words

glad someone said it

watching these admins gives me 0 desire to want to play under their microscope
why am i not allowed to play my match but zoey is allowed to play my match and he isnt payed up
waaaahhh i cant say the nword
(06-24-2019, 08:47 PM)dope Wrote: why am i not allowed to play my match but zoey is allowed to play my match and he isnt payed up

why you're allowed in any league is the real mystery
(06-25-2019, 07:28 PM)Alto Wrote:
(06-24-2019, 08:47 PM)dope Wrote: why am i not allowed to play my match but zoey is allowed to play my match and he isnt payed up

why you're allowed in any league is the real mystery

well gang looks like we have another mystery on our hands lets split up and look for clues