• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
pl_badwater_pro (revamped)
Current Version: pl_badwater_pro_v13_b6

(Credit goes to AsuX. who has made these versions and has asked me to make the thread for feedback)

B4-B6 Changelog:

- Removed various fences in the map
- Added a window to maproom and made the connecting door wider

Need to see if:

- B defense is now viable
- If C is easier to push with new stairs
- If unclipped roofs improve gameplay
- If they should have func_nobuild on them or not

Past Changelogs

B1-B3

- Added stairs to C top
- RED team now spawns in B forward blu spawn until B is capped
- Unclipped a few roofs in the map
- BLU teleporter no longer blocks teammates exiting A forward blu spawn
- Can now shoot wrap assassin on last

[Image: A52D7EC9D336347A9DB7E14E4658B809F5586205]

[Image: A3F578FB48B0FD02CFFE0DC0027C045798396DD0]

[Image: BA47123D038DFA26C755AD48A4D78A69E4EE933E]

[Image: 1FDB02F3E5D7CF20B627573CD8998241A4908452]

Unclipped Areas

[Image: 82671291A7B5A473D0F7E7A4D10AFC6D85B3EE91]

New Spawn

[Image: BD5781C1923291058CCC22F7210CA024C6D15C04]

New Map Room
this isn't it chief
there's no actual reason for any changes and they don't add anything
2nd spawn changes feel awkward, weird, and are poorly implemented with the shutter in boiler
roof changes don't add anything except the one in tires that makes a soldier there literally able to 1v9
3rd stairs weren't needed and are double-not-needed if you're adding them to re-add the dispenser block
is last still unpushable
hello! dont add me for forum issues, use PM instead
13 versions and still this doesnt feel like a viable map lmao
nut
(07-27-2019, 08:26 PM)jel Wrote: 13 versions and still this doesnt feel like a viable map lmao

but SKIAL BADWATER bro i pubbed it for all those hours bro i know every clipping PLEASE PLEASE bro put it in comp bro those hours CANT be wasted PLEASE bro we NEED to make badwater a good map bro please bro ;_; bro
people have the audacity to update this map and not make last easier to push for blue
Yeah, making 3rd easier to push isn't the answer. Last needs some changes to be able to be pushed easier, and there needs to be another holdable point other than just last.
imho, new forward spawn for 3rd fixes the problem with pushing that point. For last point, you can't make almost any changes in main or tires. I'd say, go for maproom re-work. Making new sightlines to give blu team new way to push it. I wouldn't mind checking this version tho. Nowadays, pepole don't hold 2nd at all. With the new spawn for 1st/2nd point it could be interesting.
I'm pretty sure last is the main issue with the most recent attempts at making this map comp-viable, not really anything else. Although adding the extra shutter to back stairs on 2nd for defense might not be the worst idea in the world imo. The main issue with a 2nd roof hold it's there was no way to get out without crossing a sightline, right? Well, I like that change, anyways.

Last is just atrocious though on all version of badwater so far, I don't see a good way to modify it constructively without completely redoing it.
save me
I should reiterate that I have made this thread for the map maker to get feedback. If you are not going to leave constructive feedback, then do not post it.
pl_badwater_pro_v13_b6

B6 Changelog:

- RED team now spawns in B forward BLU spawn until B is capped
- Unclipped a few roofs in the map
- BLU teleporter no longer blocks teammates exiting A forward blu spawn
- Can now shoot wrap assassin on last
- Removed various fences in the map
- Added a window to maproom and made the connecting door wider

Need to see if:

- B defense is now viable
- If unclipped roofs improve gameplay
- If they should have func_nobuild on them or not

(Credit goes to AsuX. who has made these versions and has asked me to make the thread for feedback)
can we have exp cup 3
2nd point is atrocious with the spawn being right there. If this is ever in the rotation I would never play
Having the sniper be able to physically stand in spawn behind a shutter and snipe the cart path seems like a bad idea tbh, though it does mean the point is definitely more defensible.