• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlander RGL HL S3: Award Polls, Season 3 Recap, and Staff Changes/Applications
[Image: RGL-S3.png]

Banner made by River
Vote Now

http://hl.rgl.gg/Public/Articles/Default.aspx?a=1283

Quote:Highlander Season 3 Awards

Something that we will be returning RGL HL Season 3 are the seasonal awards polls.

Disclaimer: The players were nominated by Invite leaders for each category. There are three nominations for each category except certain classes where there was a tie in nominations and for Production which was hand selected by RGL Staff. You must be rostered on an Invite roster for a minimum of 3 weeks to be eligible to vote.

[Image: 16x16_Scout.png] – b4nny, josh, pablo, wish
[Image: 16x16_Soldier.png] – dev, habib, JJSlim
[Image: 16x16_Pyro.png] – HA Johnny, oblivion, River
[Image: 16x16_Demo.png] – Arzt Hispanian, exile, Jarrett
[Image: 16x16_Heavy.png] – carcin, Kresnik, RonnieJ
[Image: 16x16_Engineer.png] – exa_, michael, scratchy
[Image: 16x16_Medic.png] – Nursey, Toy, Wall
[Image: 16x16_Sniper.png] – bo4r, Fallen Gourd, shaayy
[Image: 16x16_Spy.png] – evil, Mad, Dimento
Debut of the Season – Chocc, Flare, wile
Most Improved of the Season – Mad, Micahlele, jetz
Production of the Season – Alto, Flare, DolphiN, zagron
Best Player of the Season – dev, Dimento, pablo

Voting will close on Monday (08/19) and we will host an awards stream on that day at 10:30 PM ET announce the winners!

Season 3 Recap

The season of RGL HL have ended and the winners have been determined. Invite hosted a $1,400 prize pool for a highlander league again and the teams that played in the division were very competitive and helped to continue to display some of the best highlander action we have seen in a long time.

Congratulations to the following teams:

Invite
1st Place: Kids Next Door
2nd Place: Apolodosh
3rd Place: The Specimens

Advanced
1st Place: Super Handsome Inteligent Team
2nd Place: The Money Team
3rd Place: Bruh Team

Main
1st Place: As foretold by Rayman5000
2nd Place: Oprah Winfrey Network
3rd Place: Cafeteria Milk

Intermediate
1st Place: Utopia Turned Dystopian
2nd Place: Liberty Guns Beer Trump
3rd Place: We Overslept..

Open
1st Place: UwUntu
2nd Place: Worse Comp Format
3rd Place: Pans And Bricks

RGL Staff Changes/Applications

cinder and Dimento are resigning from their positions as Invite and Advanced admin respectively. We would like to thank them for their work and time spent volunteering and wish them the best of luck in their future endeavors.

As such, NA RGL Highlander will be having two Admin positions opening. We're also looking for mature, driven individuals who can help us continue to deliver a great platform to ever greater players. Moderators are expected to help resolve match issues, player issues, and help build their respective divisions schedule alongside the rest of the Admin team.

Admins may also be asked for input on things like off season events, graphic design, and other things across the league.

Critical thinking and excellent problem-solving skills are a must, as well as some understanding of our rules which can be found here.

If you would like to apply, you can fill out a form here from there we will go through the submissions and potentially ask for a follow up.
Edited post:

Quote:We're also looking for mature, driven individuals who can help us continue to deliver a great platform to ever greater players. Moderators are expected to help resolve match issues, player issues, and help build their respective divisions schedule alongside the rest of the Admin team.
The RGL HL Awards Show has been pushed back to this Monday (08/19) @ 10:30 PM ET.

It will be streamed on RGLgg.

Each Invite team should have a representative on stream. If a team is unable to get back to me, then their team will not be represented on stream.

Votes close on Monday, hours before the stream, so make sure you cast your vote if you are rostered on an Invite team.
So far, we have representatives from the following teams:

Specimens - Fallen Gourd
Apolodosh - RonnieJ
"Impostors" - Flare
bffl's best friends forever - spu
Invidus - tacos
Shroom Gang - Mothership

+ Alto and zagron

The following teams are unconfirmed or have opted to not be represented on stream:

Kids Next Door
Next Gen Flow

Reminder: Stream will be on Monday @ 1030 PM ET @ RGLgg
Kids Next Door - sandblast

I currently have the poll set to close at 830 ET. Stream should be tonight @ 1030 PM ET @ RGLgg.
this was so bad
(08-20-2019, 01:23 AM)proton Wrote: this was so bad

Yeah, I agree.

This event has always been something that I intended to be a community event for fun.

In season 1, I just chose the representatives myself. In season 2, players wanted representatives from each team, which worked okay. I did this again for this season, as players wanted to do it again.

I couldn't watch much of the stream, since my Internet has been out for all of today. I had to manage the entire event by using data on my phone. So, to hear people talk about how bad the show was makes it very disheartening for me to hear. I spent about 3-5 hours trying to get this whole event together: from gathering nominations, to scheduling the event, making the poll, getting all the representatives into the stream, etc. It is very time consuming.

When I spend all this time and people just "joke" around, do not take it seriously, or waste other people's time, it makes me question why I bother organizing these events when no one will take it seriously.

The likely chance of another awards show for next season is very unlikely. If we end up doing this, the results will just be posted on the forums, I will handselect representatives who will bother to take it seriously, or there won't be one at all.
having watched the vod, it wasn't as bad as i was expecting, instead of being a more "traditional" or "professional" rewards show, it ended up being more of a recap and hectic conversation between the leaders, which is pretty fitting for a highlander rewards show tbh, hectic, everyone talking over each other, always a bit of tension over whether someone will or will not drop a funny word, etc. obviously behind the scenes you can't do much to stop anyone from doing or saying anything during the show, which is where alto / zag may have needed to come in and mediate / get people to be quiet sooner than they did.

it wasn't too professional, sure, but i don't think anyone was really expecting something super professional from it, and honestly it's a lot funnier and a more enjoyable experience hearing all of the leaders' reactions to different award winners than it would have been if they were prepared ahead of time and knew
hh brother
I defeated the rigged vote and won against all odds, I am a champion
(08-20-2019, 06:10 AM)Dimento.knd Wrote: I defeated the rigged vote and won against all odds, I am a champion

cheater
HEY MAN, at least the award show made one good pug happen right afterward. That pug was LIT and I once again proved to madringme that I am thanos spy
It def wasnt professional but it was still really entertaining, different execution but the outcome still came out well
Dog is my supplier, talk to him if you want the stuff
i enjoyed it even tho it was really dumb. it was very highlander
maybe next season just filter out the people who are gonna bring up the n word or spam stuff and only get people who will banter well because i think that was the best part
like having a few people banter with each other, reveal who won and then talk about it could work but you would have to get some people who you can work with/have alto moderate
i liked the part where i lied about taking a shit so i could be 10 minutes late
thats a very spu thing to do
Friendly reminder Spu has placed last place in Invite and has lost to Nipnop while having Fuzion on scout

http://logs.tf/2078393#76561198044015725
I will always be a pyro main <3
Just a reminder that the RGL HL Invite Admin & RGL HL Advanced Admin positions are open. We are also looking for Moderators to help resolve match issues, player issues, and help build their respective divisions schedule alongside the rest of the Admin team.

If you are interested, please fill out this form here:  https://forms.gle/wNtCnLtmY3oMUBHh6, we are still looking for more applicants! (the questions were tweaked a bit since the last announcement)
(08-21-2019, 01:47 AM)Arzt Hispanian Wrote: Friendly reminder Spu has placed last place in Invite and has lost to Nipnop while having Fuzion on scout

http://logs.tf/2078393#76561198044015725

posting logs from over a year ago
Yes spu the point is you lost to nipnop. That’s the entire point of the logs.
I will always be a pyro main <3
We will be conducting a follow-up (interview) of selected applicants for admins/mods in the coming days.

I have also closed the google form.